Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Country Gravity-Fed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Country Gravity-Fed

I live in TX and mostly use my offset smoker on weekends and a drum smoker with bbq guru for weekday smokes. I've had my eye on the Gravity Fed smokers due to their efficiency/ease of use and ability to add wood (chunks) easily. I know I won't get the same smoke flavor as an offset, but can you get anything close to that TX smoke flavor in these? I'm just looking for a new smoker that's bigger than my drum that I don't have to massively babysit during the weekday. Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta. You should get a few ideas/opinions shortly.

I know a few people like the Masterbuilt 560 gravity fed. and at $500 it very reasonable.
    The short and sweet answer is that this smoker is really, really good, and I am very impressed. By way of background, I've been smoking for about 5 years, mostly on a Pit Barrel Cooker, though I added a Weber last year. I expect both will be going up for sale in time for summer (anyone want em?). I spent a good amount of time

I am getting an insulated vertical cabinet from LSG and I understand that it is very close to a stick burner flavor profile. And with a controler and fan they require very little babysitting.. You already have a guru.
    Last edited by ofelles; April 26, 2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Sorry, but I can't help.

Comment

Jeremy Yoder (Mad Scientist BBQ on YouTube) had one. If you search it on YT, he did at least a couple of could on it.

Comment

Thanks, I've followed Mad Scientist for a whole now and saw his latest videos. Was hoping for some more reviews before I purchased, but I went ahead. Picking it up this morning and will post an update how it goes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here