Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masterbuilt 560 concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveS121
    replied
    Thank you for everyone's comments. They have been very helpful. I'm still weighing my options and will await the final review before making a decision.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    STEbbq Very, thank you for the detail!

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I hope my thoughts were useful!

• Huskee
    replied
    I've cooked maybe 18 or 20 cooks, and there's no paint flaking. Inside the charcoal hopper's top door there can be significant creosote buildup, even after only 1 cook, and this can be mistaken as paint peeling, but it's not paint peeling. No issues with the gaskets yet, they remain pliable and seal well. The only metal warping I've found is down inside the hopper at the bottom where the lit coals reside. If you've ever owned or seen a Slow 'N Sear, you'll know that where the intense heat is there will be some minor warping but it's of zero consequence. As far as build quality, well, it's a $500 grill, not a $1500 grill. It doesn't feel like something I'll hand down to my kids, but it does not feel excessively flimsy, it feels adequate and offers much for its price point. We hope our review will be out soon to expand further and give you all our final rating.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    Tough arrival for sure. My view is the FB group will have 100% of the complaints and 10% of the positive reviews despite the larger number of happy people because they don’t post typically if they are thrilled. I would go ahead and buy it. The FB group is a good support group but not fully representative of the quality of the grill.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Tuff, but you did the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• DaveS121
    commented on 's reply
    I don't blame Masterbuilt for the damages box. I ordered through Walmart which offered free shipping. It was shipped from Orlando FL to Grand Rapids MI via Pilot Freight Service. It was delivered to my house by a different delivery service. First words out of delivery drivers mouth were "You package has had a rough ride." He says that was how he picked up the package from Pilot. Working with delivery company and Walmart to get it returned for refund.

• Greygoose
    replied
    That’s an OMG moment right there !!!!!!
    Thank you for the info.

Leave a comment:

• Andrrr
    replied
    That's a bummer of an arrival.

Leave a comment:

• DaveS121
    started a topic Masterbuilt 560 concerns

Masterbuilt 560 concerns

Still looking forward to reading Amazingribs.com review of the Masterbuilt 560. Especially since I pulled the pin and bought one 2 weeks ago from Walmart. I took advantage of free shipping, which was a mistake since the pictures shows the condition of the box when it arrived. I refused to accept it and am awaiting a refund once it gets sent back to its point of origin. Since then I’ve done more research and joined a Facebook group page ‘Masterbuilt Gravity Series Fans’. Most YouTube videos and comments on Facebook love the 560 and newly released 1050 series. The one common theme is quality of material used. There appears to be a lot of metal warping, paint flaking and issues with gaskets in the charcoal hopper. I realize a smoker offering the same features as much more expensive pellet grills must make sacrifices somewhere. My question now will I have to replace this 4 or 5 years down the road. I'm now on the fence again. In the meantime, the Last Meal Ribs I planned on smoking on my new 560 will be smoked this afternoon on my trusty WSM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0656.jpg Views:	16 Size:	4.89 MB ID:	833981Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0660.jpg Views:	16 Size:	3.31 MB ID:	833982Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0657.jpg Views:	16 Size:	5.54 MB ID:	833983
    Last edited by DaveS121; April 18, 2020, 09:53 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here