Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC 42 capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC 42 capacity

I’m doing 250 half chickens in the morning. Can I get them all on my deepsouth gc42 at the same time?

Well, you have 3 shelves, so that will be 83 half chickens per shelf. So, an 8x10 grid, or a 4x20 grid, with three extra pieces per shelf.

Maybe if you got some rib racks and stacked them sideways? Otherwise, I think that you will be hard pressed. Even if you got them all in there, that would be a hard cook to manage.
    Last edited by Mosca; April 7, 2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
      Well, you have 3 shelves, so that will be 83 half chickens per shelf. So, an 8x10 grid, or a 4x20 grid, with three extra pieces per shelf.

Maybe if you got some rib racks and stacked them sideways? Otherwise, I think that you will be hard pressed. Even if you got them all in there, that would be a hard cook to manage.
      I have 5 racks. So I’m thinking 50 per.

Comment

You are still looking at 6x8, 5x10, so maybe. I’m not familiar with cabinet smokers, but it looks like there would be an issue with air and heat movement. But, again, I don’t know that to be the case.

Comment

That is a ton of moisture to deal with. I loaded down my pellet smoker with chicken wings and that wasn't the best idea.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here