Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humphreys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humphreys

My new cooker Humphreys Pint and cyber q for 600. It been cooked on and had some surface rust but its nothing that I cant handle.
    Attached Files

Congrats.

Comment

I honestly had no idea it held that much charcoal. That is a mighty fine looking unit.

Comment

That's nice and hopefully a great deal. I be watching closely, for hints, tricks, and experiences. I'm waiting on mine from LSG.

Comment

tenphases so now that you’ve had this a little while what are your thoughts on the Humphrey?

Comment

• Easy learning curve- When temps get within 50. I plug in the fireboard and walk away
            • Great smoky flavor - I prefer pit smoked food though, this taste very similar to food off an offset, really good though
            • Huge and heavy like a Kamado it will sit there at whatever temp I set
            • Long burn times - I got 14 hrs at 250 and there was still coal left
            • Shut down process...close the ball valve-done
            • Built like a tank is a commonly used phrase in bbq circles, in this case its true, its built like a freaking tank!!
            • I love it
            cons:

It takes me two hours to get it to temp. I knew this going in so im not complaining, I bought it as a cold weather cooker. Because it takes so long to come up to temp my 22 WSM gets the call in the spring and summer and the humphreys is my winter cooker.

Comment

Glad you are enjoying the Humphrey. Your comments encourage me to learn on my LSG. Do you set your dampers/ball valve in any different positions with the Fireborad vs manual cooks? I'm going to set using my Fireboard soon and am looking for insight.

Comment

• tenphases
                tenphases commented
                Editing a comment
                I go wide open until im within 50 degrees then I plug the atc. When i go manual I treat it just like a kamado and its worked well. The only difference being that you dont have to watch it for an hour and a half on the way up, it takes that long, you can ignore it while its all the way open then shut it down when it gets close. BUT!!! If you have grease in it and it goes above 500, there have been a number of reports of bad grease 🔥 . When its not kept clean that is
                Last edited by tenphases; June 7, 2020, 01:15 PM.

• tenphases
                tenphases commented
                Editing a comment
                I would love an LSG

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here