Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one sweet lookin' rig !!!!
    Enjoy and post some pics when she comes up to temp. !!!!

Comment

Okay ofelles, what is the status on this beautiful cabinet. I am waiting for photos?

Have you gotten your fabrication email yet?

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        No, just rattled their cage yesterday. Was told I'm moving up the list and will get an email. This wait is murder.

Just got an email from Lone Star Grillz saying they have started my unit. 10 to 14 business days to build then ? to ship to California (probably 5-10 days) I'm excited!
      Last edited by ofelles; April 2, 2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Whoohoo. 👊👊👊

• Alphonse
        Alphonse commented
        Editing a comment
        Good news! Look forward to seeing the arrival photos!

Congrats, whatta magnificent cooker!
      I'm stoked right along with ya, will be tunin in regularly, Brother!
      Wowsers!

Comment

Sweet! That’s gonna be an awesome smoker!

Comment

Gotta be gettin’ close ???!!!!
          Last edited by Greygoose; April 3, 2020, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Just got the phone call from LSG. It's built and will be crated and on a truck Monday. Coming to California so about 4-5 days transit.
            Just got 60 pounds of Kingsford briquets today. Ordered 4 butts today from Creekstone and have a freezer full already. Can’t wait to burn it in and get started.
            Last edited by ofelles; April 24, 2020, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I think that I’m as excited as you are,,,,
              Get that thing smokin’ !!!!!

Comment

I am still killin’ myself between the 30” cabinet offset and the large insulated cabinet
                decisions,decisions

Comment

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Greygoose More is better is the way I think. I looked at the per square inch cost difference and figured it was a lot cheaper to buy the large now than get the mid size and spring for a large later.
                  When I was looking to buy a Yoder pellet grill, I thought the 480 would be more than enough but went with the 640 instead. I ended up doing a cook of 70# of butts for a friend and needed the room. Have not looked back since. JMHO!

ofelles I’m torn between the offset burner vs the insulated briquette cooking
                the offset gives you the griddle / grill option and a lot of attention vs insulated ,set it for get it with lots of cooking area
                but only the smoking option
                I do like the set it and I’ll be back to eat option

Comment

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Like you said.........decisions, decisions! I've read than you can use up to 50% wood in the IVS, but no grill feature. So depending on what else you have.

I’m up at nite wait’in to see pics of that beast !!!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  +1 Me Too, Brother!
                  This is gonna be Guuuudddd!!!!

I'm Super Stoked fer it to git delivered, as well...I have long admired th space vs. footprint of verticals, th temp gradients from top to bottom have always been my main concern; yup, I unnnerstan like an offset, it can be utilized to ones advantage, in certain situations, but otherwise, I see rotatin positions on alla them racks as a potential huge pita.
                Hopin th insulated LSG proves my worries no longer relevant... It would have a profound influence on what I'm lookin to buy.

Comment

• Loren
                  Loren commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Perfectly summed up my thoughts there! Big +1

And where are the pictures?! 😜

OH BOY!!!! This is getting exciting.
                Is it next Friday yet?

Comment

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly!!

I remember that wait - and be prepared for some serious work to unpack it when it arrives. The basically build a house around the thing for shipping.

Comment

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very true.

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  radshop Arrived yesterday and uncrating, or trying too, today. You're right they build a house around that thing! Doesn't help that I'm old and don't move to good anymore.

👀 👀 👀

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here