Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSG Cabinet

Just pulled the trigger on a large insulated cabinet smoker. Now just hurry up and wait.

Congrats brother. Welcome to the LSG club. 👊
    Got any pics of what you’re getting?

Comment

SteveB here is a picture from there website. about 10 weeks wait.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man you got the Mack Daddy !!! What army you gonna be feedin' ???

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman If this pandemic is still going on when I get this I may have to feed a few! 😁

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        What SteveB said! That's no Street Cart. LOL

Congrats man!! That thing is sweet!

Comment

Wow you got the big boy!! I’m been drooling over the mid sized one for over a year. You’ll love it !!!

Comment

Congrats. I'm sure you will love it.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Wow! This is gonna be awesome. You are going to love this!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing some cooks on that smoker. Congratulations and I hope they make their delivery promise. The wait is PITA.

Comment

• ofelles
                  ofelles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's murder already!

You're gonna have a blast with that beast!

Comment

A-mazing!! Just for giggles, how many pork butts can you fit in that sucker?

Comment

• ofelles
                    ofelles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was able to get 70# of butts on my Yoder with 1070si of space. This one has 2600si so I figure 150#+/-
                    It has 4-24"x27" trays (option for 3 more) and each tray will hold 2 full size pans. Overkill I know but more is better right.

Enjoy!

Comment

ofelles Not trying to hijack your thread, it’s just I’m considering a foray into the stick burning world and wondering why you chose a cabinet smoker v an offset. I’m intrigued by both and guess I’m leaning towards an offset because of "tradition" and appearance which aren’t, in my opinion, the strongest arguments. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

• tbob4
                      tbob4 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have two non-insulated stick burning cabinets. I went to them from COS' so I can't compare a quality offset to my cabinets. Unlike the insulated units, mine take tending. ofelles will be able to sleep easily while his are cooking while I have to set my alarm every hour to add wood. I love the surface area and footprint of a cabinet.

• davidrewalt
                      davidrewalt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have the Large LSG IVS and have cooked on offsets for years prior. The main Pro's for the IVS are 1. Long, long cook times without having to tend to the fire/fuel, I can get up to 30 hours roughly on a full firebox. 2. Insulated - I can cook on the coldest of days and still hold temps easily. 3. Capacity - This is debatable depending on the size IVS you go with but the large is huge 4. Cook with or without water. 5. No tuning plates, the learning curve is slightly easier than an offset

Sweaty Paul Not a problem. I too was thinking offset for the same reasons. In the process of research and posting on here, someone responded with some good points that I had not considered.

Beside the added babysitting required to operate an offset, which I didn't mind. You have to secure a supply of wood. Split and stack the wood in a dry place. So, you end up handling the wood several times before the cook starts. So, when I got honest and realistic; being a purest has a high cost it time and labor. Being that I use a walker to get around this makes it even tougher.

I started looking at the charcoal fired cabinets as an alternative. Very close to the same flavor profile using wood chucks and a smaller foot print both in cooker size and fuel storage space. If I was able bodied still, I might have stuck with getting a stick burner. But, you facture in my laziness and with a fireboard and fan it is set and forget like my Yoder.

I hope this helps you in your decision. Ultimately maybe I will give up a little in flavor but I will use this cooker and you get NO flavor out of an unused cooker.
                    Last edited by ofelles; January 28, 2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
                      tbob4 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Those are all great reasons for getting what you did. I think you will be very happy. From what I read about insulated cabinets, given the right wood chunks combined with your charcoal will give you all the smoke you desire.

• ofelles
                      ofelles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks tbob4

ofelles Daaaaaaaaang!!! 💪💪💪

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here