Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Christmas Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Christmas Update

Okay, I got this seasoned last Sunday. I put about 10 lbs. Kingsford blue with some wood chunks about 2:15 PM and ran it at 300. At 10:00 PM it was still going strong but I wasn't At 4:00 AM the fire was gone but the cabinet was at 190 deg.
    Now, I added some bling just cause. It has a 2" ball valve for air intake, four racks 22" x 17" with seven rails so you can adjust the spacing to what you are cooking or add more racks. I just put on a 10 lb. butt for the first cook so I can really figure this thing out but so far so good.
    I am not using a fan yet. I want to go old school to start cause that is just how I roll. It was just under an hour from 0 to 225.
    I'll let you know how the cook goes.
    Attached Files

Sweet. Looking forward to the finished product and how it went with the cooker.

Comment

• cliffdw1
      cliffdw1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been out wrangling leaves and the smell has been killing me! Checked it five hours in and it is hanging at 250 and the butt is about 155 - 158. Think I'll give it another hour and then wrap.

That is a beast.

Comment

That is a cool cooker! Is it only charcoal based as the fire source or can you do small splits?

Enjoy that!

Comment

• cliffdw1
        cliffdw1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No,I don't think you could use small splits but I do load it up with chunks.

Tennessee State trooper pulls over an orange and white pickup truck on I-40. He says to the driver, "Got any ID?"
      The driver says, "Bout what?"

Comment

• cliffdw1
        cliffdw1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Best thing out of Alabama - I-65 North
        Best thing in Alabama - Tennessee River

My son-in-law is HUGE bama fan

The verdict is in. Winner Winner BBQ Dinner!
      I'm very happy with the new cooker. Meat is tender and juicy, good flavor. This was a 10 lb. butt and I'm sure I could get 12 of those in there with no problem.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking very good. Glad you'e happy!

Comment

Looks like a winner from this seat.
          Nice job.

Comment

• painter
            painter commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! I like the color of the cooker. And the butt.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here