Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 3rd cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 3rd cabinet

Advertised as a 3400 chubby, I think it’s actually the G2. Got a great deal. This will be my portable smoker. Gonna put it on a wheel chair hitch lift and take it on vacation, camping etc. I’m pretty excited to own it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CB121FA7-80E3-48AB-8544-99FFE3B743B0.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	772104

Name:	425E1564-2F76-4D71-B8E0-B83BBD7A5581.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	772101

Name:	9B7F4AFA-A8AF-4ACD-9E50-53C0B9EB6D3A.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	772102

Name:	3840EADB-6061-4EAE-8561-80EA24A16A52.jpeg
Views:	295
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	772103

Name:	F51BB11E-2CBA-4B48-8BCC-2B0C298B5299.jpeg
Views:	289
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	772105

Nice llooking little rig !!! Now show us some pics of it in action!!

Comment

SavageSmoke great find! Hope you got a good deal on it. The Backwoods smokers look great, and are starting to interest me in my "wish list" of smokers! I love smoking with charcoal, and a vertical cabinet smoker that can handle full steam table trays like the Chubby is intriguing for sure.

The G2 is 6" deeper than the 3400, with 15.5 x 22 inch deep racks. The 3400 has 15.5 x 16.5 inch deep cooking racks.

Comment

• SavageSmoke
        SavageSmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I gave $400 for it.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        SavageSmoke that's a great deal, and half the cost of the new 3400 or 1/3 the cost of a new G2. Actually, looks like Backwoods is really proud of their casters, as they add $250 to the price tag to ship you a smoker with casters!

• SavageSmoke
        SavageSmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris yeah and that tiny cover is $102. It’s about an $1800 package I think.

I have the Chubby G2. There are three levels: 3400, Chubby, and then Chubby G2. Looks like a Chubby to me based on the door latches and full length hinges. You will enjoy it. Very easy to dial in and maintain temp.

Comment

• SavageSmoke
        SavageSmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you explain or point me to a comparison of the 3?

SavageSmoke I found this just doing a google search.
      Backwoods Smoker, Inc.

February 10, 2017 ·

BWS Chubby 3400.

What is the difference between the old Chubby and the Chubby 3400?

Changes in the new "Chubby 3400" (available mid June 2017)

1. All stainless steel inside.
      2. Comes with the heat diverter.
      3. New door hinges.
      4. New door latches.
      5. New high heat rubber door gaskets.

The differences for the new "Chubby 3400" compared to the standard Chubby everything else is the same.

Specifications:

Chubby 3400

As our newest and most portable Backwoods Cooker, the Chubby 3400 also serves as one of our most economical in our cooker lineup. We are always striving to meet our customers’ needs by making our most popular smoker more affordable for the weekend worriers to be able to get that same low and slow Professional quality meat right in your own backyard.

The Chubby weighs in at a hefty 130 lbs.
      Dimensions:
      Outside dimensions:
      • 20″ deep plus 2 ½â€³ for the thermometer and door latches
      • 29″ tall plus 2″ for the stack
      • 20″ wide
      Cooking Chamber dimensions:
      • 17″ deep
      • 13″ tall cooking chamber
      • 16″ wide

Racks:
      • Four, 3″ apart
      • 16 ½â€ deep
      • 15 ½â€ wide
      • 1/8″ Nickel plated round bar
      Standard Features:
      • All stainless steel inside
      • Heat diverter
      • Removable stainless steel water pan
      • Black doors with slam latches
      • 1 extra slider for rack height adjustment
      • Pre-drilled Caster bolt hole pattern on bottom of the 3 inch feet
      • 1/8″ nickel plated racks
      •
      • Cooking degrees: (approx.) 180 to 300
      •
      • Amount of charcoal: (approx.) 6 to 10 lb.
      •
      • Cooking time: (approx.) 6 to 10 hours
      {Depending on the temperature used for cooking}
      • Meat: (approx.)
      8 slabs of baby back ribs
      2 to 3 brisket
      • 2 to 4 Boston butts

Pricing:
      Base Price: $ 699.00

Flat rate shipping: $ 200.00

Options
      • Castors: $213
      {they will raise the smoker up 6″}
      • Cover: $70
      • BBQ Guru Digi Q DX 2: $275
      {this includes the adapter door and the 10 cfm fan}
      All options will be shipped separately flat rate $20.00

*Inventory due to be available mid to late June

If you look at the pics you will see the difference in the latches, hinges and interior. Also it has 3400 on the front label. The G2 is basically a longer version of the Chubby (It can hold a full length rack of ribs without cutting). Also, I think the racks are a heavier gauge. Hope this helps.

Name:	3400.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	772188

Name:	3400 interior.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	772189

Comment

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, I think the 3400 is made in China where the Chubby/G2 is produced in Louisiana. This may have changed since the Backwoods site no longer advertises the basic Chubby. https://shop.backwoods-smoker.com/collections/frontpage
        Last edited by jlazar; November 23, 2019, 04:40 PM.

• SavageSmoke
        SavageSmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah I see. I didn’t realize there were 3 models and assumed this was the g2. That kinda sucks. Oh well. Still a great little cooker for $400

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a great price. When I bought the Chubby new was @$1000 and the G2 @$1300. Will cook the same just lower capacity. From the backwoods site -The G2 upgrades from the original Chubby include additional 6″ of smoker depth, heavy duty wire racks, a new large capacity fire box and a bigger water pan. These additions are what our customers asked for the capacity for larger cuts of meat and the ability to hold the full size steam pans.
        Last edited by jlazar; November 23, 2019, 04:55 PM.

Congrats. Now get to cookin'.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here