Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cook. BX 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cook. BX 50

Just did first cook on Meadow Creek bx50. Controlled temp with fireboard and fan. Got about 10.5 hours on batch of Kingsford.
    Attached Files

Well come on... what did you think? Give us a review of it.

Comment

Congrats, but more info please. Did the top rack cook faster than the bottom rack, and ...

Comment

Congrats. Now show us the food!

Comment

Nice. Vertical cabinets are the bomb, defiantly on the near future must have list !!

Comment

Great job! That is a really fine looking cooker.

Comment

Looks awesome. How did it go?

Comment

Cook went really well. I love this thing. The ribs were fall off the bone tender, which most would say is overcooked, but that's how we like them. 6 hours at 250. The last hour and a half I glazed with apple habanero rib glaze, then sauced 45 mins before pulling. After I pulled the ribs, I kept it going to see how long I could from the charcoal. Shortly after the ribs were pulled, the temp spiked, and I didn't know why until I realized all the water had evaporated.
                Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here