Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the Riptangle smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the Riptangle smoker?

Does anyone have any practical experience cooking with one of the Riptangle smokers? It's a rectangle vertical top feed smoker similar to a gateway drum?

Never heard of 'em until now. Interesting. Will investigate. I wish they had more pics of the smokers, especially inside. Oh well all in due time I suppose.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe these have been around for a few years.....at least I think. They seem to be very popular around the St. Louis area, you see a lot of them in the local competitions. The pictures I've seen on www.stlbbqstore.com website make it look pretty big with several options. I like the mobility of it and the food capacity.

I don't see a price for it.

Comment

• TNPIGBBQ
      TNPIGBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have to ask..... or something like that

Looks like someone built a square version of the Gateway Drum smoker. The field continues to get over crowded.

Hey Huskee maybe you and I can build an sell a drum. We can call it the Troutskee Special !!!!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Pyarmid-shaped!! Yesss!!!

It appears they have not yet set a price and are writhing to find out how many people are interested before going to production. Maybe it is just me, but price influences my interest or lack there of.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
      It appears they have not yet set a price and are writhing to find out how many people are interested before going to production. Maybe it is just me, but price influences my interest or lack there of.
      Very much agree. These are just north of $1000, couple hundred more than the Gateway drum. https://www.stlbbqstore.com/the-riptangle-smoker-1/

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman early on I was set on purchasing either a Chubby or a Party. But I can't justify the price of them. Insulation and efficiency is good, but charcoal is so cheap that I just can't pay the premium for an insulated smoker. Not sure I'll ever make that cash back. Just my personal thoughts. They are so nice though.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't consider fuel to be part of the equation (maybe I should) when it comes to a cabinet. I think the fact that it's insulated, holds temps rock solid for loooong periods of time and has that humid environment makes them attractive to me. Same with the newer gravity feed models. Just ain't got the bucks to buy one this year

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        I am still holding out on an opinion of a cabinet smoker until spring. Like Huskee I have always wanted one, but couldn't justify the cost. My neighbor recently acquired an insulated cabinet smoker, so I will check in periodically with him throughout the winter to see what he thinks of it.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here