Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gravity Feed Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravity Feed Recommendations?

I plan to buy a big gravity feed, hopefully at or around Christmas. I am attracted to Stumps cookers. Are there other options I should consider? I want a large one (40+ pork butts at once). What is the best bang for the buck (build quality, price, capacity, etc.)? Bonus points for pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stumps_xl_stretch_350pix.jpg
Views:	4181
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	706844

Read good things about the Myron Mixons, Max rates them with a Gold medal.
    We tested and reviewed this big, beautifully designed smoker and gave it our AmazingRibs.com Gold Medal. With 33 square feet of cooking capacity, the Myron Mixon G33 Gravity Feed Smoker is a large smoker meant for commercial use. "The first gravity feed I ever saw was made by Tom Dominey in Orlando in the 1990s, "says Mixon.

We tested and reviewed the larger version of this big, beautifully designed smoker and gave it our AmazingRibs.com Gold Medal. Fully welded with solid construction, G20 is built to withstand the rigors of commercial and competitive cooking, while providing ease of use for the aspiring backyard pit master.

Comment

• SavageSmoke
      SavageSmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve seen them but they seem kinda pricy compared to some others. I’ll do some research on these.

Not gravity fed but might wanna take a look see...

Lone Star Grillz

Click image for larger version

Name:	76EF0ADE-51FF-479D-ADAE-68FCE61BE11A.jpeg
Views:	4115
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	706856

Comment

• SavageSmoke
      SavageSmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a cool cooker. But I’m pretty dead set on a GF.

Yea gravity fed are cool. I think the only issue I see is the lack of a water pan in the Stumps. You can always put a restaurant pan in there but you’d have to fill it up at some point. The LSG conventional model has a fill port at the top and a built in water pan.

Regardless, the Stumps or Mixon units are pretty sweet. You should make a bunch of good que on either !!

Comment

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree both Stumps and Mixon are excellent units. My preference would be for the Mixon they just seem to be a little better built. But that is just my opinion.

I have a Stumps and love it. No need for a water pan, IMO.

Comment

A friend of a friend just bought an Assassin gravity smoker and loves it
      I helped move it from his deck to his smokin’ patio
      very well constructed, very HD

Comment

Resurrecting this thread. Anyone know of any GF smokers in the $4k range? I want a big one so I’m happy to buy used.

Comment

Take a look at http://www.southernqsmokers.com/smok...avityfeed.aspx

Was down to these & Assassin & lI liked the size of Southern Q. They size the unit around full size pan. I added a shelf for max rib capacity. Great built quality.

Comment

I have been looking at these and reverse flow and found T&K https://www.tkbbqsmokers.com
            Seem to be nice smokers. BBQ Freak on you tube has a small reverse flow and loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by SavageSmoke View Post
              Resurrecting this thread. Anyone know of any GF smokers in the $4k range? I want a big one so I’m happy to buy used.
              Gravity feed in the 4K range, that’s a lot of em. You can go with:

Stumps Smokers
              Deep South Smokers
              Stumpville (Stump’s daughter is building em for the family after they sold Stumps)
              Assassin Smokers
              T&K Smokers (based out of Indiana)
              Southern Q
              Myron Mixon
              Big D’s Custom Smokers (based out of Michigan)
              Humphreys Smokers (based out of Maine)

If I didn’t say where they are based out of, its Georgia. If you’re on FB, they all have pages there and they all have smokers in the 4K range.

Comment

Originally posted by SavageSmoke View Post
                Also, FB marketplace or the 10 different buy/sell smoker groups, I’ve seen plenty of em for sale.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here