Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stumps - good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stumps - good deal?

My MCS has been raging and I wanted to add either a stick burner or a gravity feeder to the gang, I made a deal with the seller for this at $1,400. It's pretty far from me, I hope the time and money pays back some great Q!

Sweet deal. He had me at 200 lbs of butts.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      I resemble that remark.

• MeatMonster
      MeatMonster commented
      Editing a comment
      CaptainMike, you owe me a half of ale, for the Boughton Hopapotamos I just spat out laughing.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      MeatMonster I'll gladly pay that debt the next time I roll through dear old Aberdeenshire!

Wow thats a nice piece of equipment .

Comment

Nice acquisition! 200 pounds of pork butt at a time? You must have quite a big family!

Comment

Congrats! Still looks like she needs a good cleanin' but man that's a great price for what you get, especially for the hands-off qualities of gravity-feds and the capacity of that thing. Some positives about getting a nice charcoal cooker like that is you can still add a lot of wood for great flavor, and you won't ever say "I wish I had to go out to the smoker every 30 minutes and load wood". While stickburners are fun, this will be both fun and relatively hassle-free.

Comment

• JPGators17
          JPGators17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed! Keep an eye out for my future post "how to clean a stumps" lol

Nice cooker! Have a good time smoking mass quantities of protein!

Comment

Wow that’s a Beauty

Comment

Wow. What're you going to do with all that capacity?

Comment

• JPGators17
              JPGators17 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sky's the limit now! I'd enjoy doing some catering for fun now and then, so this beast will be able to handle any size job if i do.

Nice cooker at a great price. Doesn't look like it has much use. Keep it out of the weather and put some WD40 on the latches and hinges.

Comment

• JPGators17
              JPGators17 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, i'll be doing some homework on how to clean her up and maintain. I have an enclosed patio, so once I do all the cleaning/restoring weather won't be a problem.

When it rages it rages! Great lookin cooker! Lookin to see it at work.

Comment

It holds 200#. So, when is your first cook of 200# of Boston Butt?

Comment

Sounds like a great deal to me I've been looking at the Stumps Baby XL and they want over 3K for it, good find!

Comment

Thanks, finally going to pick it up tomorrow! This one is an older Classic model. The new Classic model is about $5k, but I hear that they last a lifetime. This one looks like it needs some TLC, so I called stumps and asked what on it can be replaced/restored and they said as long as the interior and exterior skin on it is in good shape then everything can be replaced/restored. I'll be replacing all the exterior hardware and repainting it eventually. That may make a good post one day.

Comment

Stealing is illegal, what a deal! Smoke on!

Comment

Looks like a great deal as long as you need that type of capacity. It appears to be a diamond in the rough. I noticed some rusting and looks to have been forgotten about. You might consider your overhead picking it up and what refurbishing could cost you. I'd ask for more pictures of the inside and rear as well as the top. Good Luck.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here