Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shotgun Smoker Report & Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NapMaster
    replied
    DavidNorcross had inquired out these smokers earlier in January and SmokinBrian seemed to be the only member who had one. Here is my take on the unit. Seems to be a good bag for the buck. There are really two problems that could be addressed in future models assuming BBQGuru folks continue down this road. For what it is worth, they sell these units but they are not front and center on their site.

1. You must use a Guru fan or something similar to run this unit. There is no damper to provide air to the firebox other than the hole the fan attaches to.
    2. The temperature probes must go through the door, then into the firebox. The lead wires are padded by the insulation gasket. While that seems to work just fine, they should have put a hole in the side so you could pass the temperature probe leads to the outside without going through the door. When they go through the door, they represent clutter that you have to deal with when you check on your cook. I'm worried I will pinch a lead.

Otherwise seems to be a good unit. There are two wheels in the back along with a handle. You can tilt the unit back on those wheels for movement. Retrospectively, they should put some casters in the front but not a big deal.

Now to the cook.

Leave a comment:

• NapMaster
    replied
    You can see the exhaust for the chamber in the back. The pan is removed so you can see the fire box below. I also attached two photos showing the fire box with the coal basket and ash pan removed followed by one photo with the ash pan in place. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190127_090811.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	634781Click image for larger version

Name:	20190210_101147.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	634782Click image for larger version

Name:	20190210_101208.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	634783

Leave a comment:

• NapMaster
    started a topic Shotgun Smoker Report & Brisket

Shotgun Smoker Report & Brisket

This is my first attempt at a complete cook report with a little review of my Shotgun Smoker. I purchased the smoker earlier this year. It seems to offer a lot for the price. Along with the smoker I ordered he CyberQ. It arrived well packaged and was in good shape out of the box. It is a cabinet smoker and has reverse flow assuming the pan is in place. More to come.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190110_103845.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	634778
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here