Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shotgun BBQ Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun BBQ Smoker

Hello all. I have searched forum and only found one post about this cooker. https://bbqguru.com/storenav?Categor...&ProductId=337

I am looking at the Backwoods G2 Chubby, but for the money the Shotgun seems to have more capacity and features. Would be interested in everyone’s thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Looks pretty good and generally bbq guru has pretty good stuff. Can’t find a review on the main site unfortunately but maybe Max Good can help.

Comment

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      We have faith in BBQGuru. This one looks good. I hope to see it soon at the 2019 HPBExpo.

Interesting! Following.

Comment

I see only one issue. If you do not use a Guru controller there is no manual adjustment.

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point. Although buyers likely wouldn't regret spending the extra $$ for ease of use.

Might be the early adopter price, this looks great!

Comment

I bought the BBQ Guru Shotgun smoker in late 2017 and have enjoyed using it. It's VERY efficient using either lump or briquette and I have run it for as much as 24 hours on one load of coals. Yes, you need to use the BBQ Guru controller and fan, but I was already using one on my (now donated to my son) cheap offset smoker and on my Weber Smokey Mountain.

The one modification I made has to do with cooking things like turkey at higher temperatures. If you remove the water pan, you're basically just cooking above the coals. So I had a local metal shop cut a piece of 1/4 inch steel to slide into the cook chamber in place of the water pan and I put a metal pan of lava rock on top of that. Works like a champ, and getting to 350 degrees wasn't a problem.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Good comment Brian and welcome to the Pit.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here