Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasoning a Backwoods Smoker Chubby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasoning a Backwoods Smoker Chubby

Just got a new Backwoods Smoker Chubby. Was wondering what is the best/proper way to season it?

update
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EB575680-8D87-4D85-B0A4-4A02C265B164.jpeg
Views:	451
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	555918Click image for larger version

Name:	52DB40DF-CEE9-4C80-9FBB-E5C76B470B35.jpeg
Views:	449
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	555916Click image for larger version

Name:	3CAC1315-72D8-451D-80AA-FA79E7EB4F42.jpeg
Views:	442
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	555917Click image for larger version

Name:	D3A326B4-148E-4109-84D3-3DB6EBC9F808.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	555919
    consider it seasoned. First pic made me reminded me that heat and plastic don’t mix well (you can see the table melting in the middle) so I had to call an audible and move to the ground. Turned out well, the last pic looks a little dry but I assure u it was not. Thanks again everyone. I’ll be sure to post more pics in the future
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mgils24; August 26, 2018, 06:13 PM. Reason: Update

You will get 100 different answers on this. For me I spray with vegetable oil or cook some chicken thighs in an oven tray with a little water @ 325 - 350f to spit and splatter fat everywhere. Works for me

Comment

• Mgils24
      Mgils24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good. Thanks

I agree, coat it with oil and cook away. I am not sure they even need to be seasoned, but I might be wrong on that. These are quickly climbing my MCS list. I think it would be handy to have one of these on the patio.......oh boy, here we go!

Congrats on the new rig, can we get a few pictures of that baby?

Comment

• Mgils24
      Mgils24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I haven’t even fired it up yet and I’m already pleased with my purchase. You can see how well built they are right out of the gate. Also, will do on the pics once I get it set up

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      That is what I was thinking too, they are like little tanks! I look forward to seeing some of the pictures!

Pack it with briskets and let 'er rip.

Comment

• Mgils24
      Mgils24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Man was I tempted. Went with chicken instead. Brisket is definitely coming soon

I have a Chubby G2. Sprayed the inside with canola oil and then cooked some bacon and chicken. You are ready to go after that. You will love how easy it is to control.

Comment

• Mgils24
      Mgils24 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what I ended up doing. Sprayed with canola oil and fired up some chicken

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      Only time I ever had trouble was with a rack of ribs on the top shelf. Late in the cook, I let the water pan run dry and the ribs got well done. Other than that, no issues.

• Mgils24
      Mgils24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good. Thanks for the heads up

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here