Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spicewine Smokers - Anybody Have One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffJ
    replied
    Like kamados I'm a bit leery of any highly insulated rig when it comes to smoking. Yes, once dialed in they are set/forget and can run for more than a day on a single load - ALL nice and convenient features. The problem is the fire is so small that whilst one can generate good smoke the low/slow flavor profile comes from both smoke AND gases created by charcoal/wood. A really small fire in a kamado or something heavily insulated like one of these produces far less gases than something like a kettle.

Leave a comment:

• TBoneJack
    replied
    Originally posted by dshaffes View Post
    I don't own one but had a chance to see one for sale at a competition a few years ago. It had already been sold, but looked like a nice well made smoker. The seller spoke very highly of it.
    The more I look into them, the more appealing they become.

The (pretty consistent) word on them is they are built like a tank and last forever. Much thicker metal and stronger than a Backwoods, which is a plus or minus depending upon your take.

The plus side of their heavy duty construction is the longevity and heat retention. The minus side is the weight - 600 lbs for their "Medium" size cabinet smoker, which makes loading and transporting difficult.

In my case I don't plan to travel with one, so it's not really a minus for me.

I read a forum post by a supposed competitor, who said the Spicewine holds heat so well that he cooked on it for 2 hours after his fire died. I don't know if that's true, but the more I read about them, the more I like them.

I wonder why they have not been reviewed by AmazingRibs.com.

Leave a comment:

• dshaffes
    replied
    I don't own one but had a chance to see one for sale at a competition a few years ago. It had already been sold, but looked like a nice well made smoker. The seller spoke very highly of it.

Leave a comment:

• TBoneJack
    started a topic Spicewine Smokers - Anybody Have One?

Spicewine Smokers - Anybody Have One?

I want a nice cabinet (charcoal) smoker. I've looked at Backwoods, Humphrey, and Spicewine.

I really like the Spicewine medium. Does anybody have a Spicewine smoker, or previous experience cooking on one?

Spicewine Smokers Feature: -Fully Insulated (up to 1200 degrees) Double Wall Construction -Extra Large Multi Rack Cooking Area -Large Water Pan with Drain -Easy Clean Out Ash Pan -Easy Slide Adjustable Shelving -Pop-out Cooking Racks for Easy Cleaning -Fully Adjustable Damper Vents -Your Choice of Colors -Heavy Duty Casters -Spring Loaded Heat-Proof Door Handles Smoker

Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here