Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New charcoal smoker from BBQGuru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisket Syndicate
    commented on 's reply
    You can comfortably put 4 racks of comp trimmed St. Louis style ribs on each rack.

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Cool. Thanks! I'm curious as to the cooking area with those three racks.

• Brisket Syndicate
    replied
    I'll do brisket cook in the next couple of weeks and post pics and a review of the Shotgun Smoker.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    The best thing about this smoker is the fact that you could sneak in a BBQ Guru with the purchase.

"holy crap this thing comes with a complimentary controller what luck this is!"
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 23, 2017, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply

• Brisket Syndicate
    replied
    This is the updated Onyx Oven. We cooked on one at the last two cook offs we have done and got great results using B&B with wood chunks.

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    commented on 's reply
    When we came out with Jack Daniel's in the 20 lb. bag, we dropped charcoal. Jack pellets are charcoal pellets. They are really good mixed in with another flavor as a BTU booster.

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit Kevin Wagenknecht

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome to The Pit! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...troductions-aa Thanks!

• Kevin Wagenknecht
    replied
    Looking at it, my only concern is that it doesn't have vents except for the fan from BBQ Guru. If the fan breaks, you couldn't use it until you got a replacement. If I bought this smoker (and it does look good!) then I'd buy a back-up fan as back-up.

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    You deserve it!

• Spinaker
    replied
    Looks sweet. All black.

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    Made me wonder if charcoal is so good, why couldn't there be charcoal pellets for pellet grills? So an internet search showed some, and it appears CandySueQ at BBQer's Delight had some at one time, but I don't see them on her site currently. Candy Sue can you comment on this?

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    That is one heck of a nice-looking smoker. I saw someone mention a Lang - apples/oranges. A direct competitor for this thing would be the Backwoods Chubby.

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    You are special. All I got was a fridge magnet. Wait - Meathead made me pay for that. I'm gonna just keep telling myself I'm special!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here