Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New charcoal smoker from BBQGuru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New charcoal smoker from BBQGuru

This just popped into my inbox:

Stop!!!!! Don't post things like that until I find a way to hide my wallet. HA!

Comment

Guess it will be nice if you're a charcoal lover 😊

Comment

Good looking cooker, but if I'm going to spend that much money it will be on a KBQ.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          I would get the Lang 36

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think you can really compare the two, other than the price. This one would appear to be much more the "set it and forget it" style vs the labor intensive KBQ. If I had one of each I would definitely use them both, depending on how much time I had to tend the cooker.

• Gooner-que
          Gooner-que commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree they are very different, but since I currently live in a financially constrained world, I have to choose only one. If $$$ was no object then both would be great!

That's not a bad price. With B & B and some wood chunks I could make that puppy sing, and sleep at the same time.

My issue right now is getting a cooker to the raised back area of my yard. I would need it placed in the back of my truck so I could back up to the stairs.
        Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 22, 2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why not - I seasoned one in the back of my truck because my wife refused to help me unload it. I couldn't wait until the next day to fire it up.

Meathead's going to get me one of these for my birthday: http://amazingribs.com/bbq_equipment...smoker-cabinet

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are special. All I got was a fridge magnet. Wait - Meathead made me pay for that. I'm gonna just keep telling myself I'm special!

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          You deserve it!

That is one heck of a nice-looking smoker. I saw someone mention a Lang - apples/oranges. A direct competitor for this thing would be the Backwoods Chubby.

Comment

Made me wonder if charcoal is so good, why couldn't there be charcoal pellets for pellet grills? So an internet search showed some, and it appears CandySueQ at BBQer's Delight had some at one time, but I don't see them on her site currently. Candy Sue can you comment on this?

Comment

• CandySueQ
            CandySueQ commented
            Editing a comment
            When we came out with Jack Daniel's in the 20 lb. bag, we dropped charcoal. Jack pellets are charcoal pellets. They are really good mixed in with another flavor as a BTU booster.

Looks sweet. All black.

Comment

Looking at it, my only concern is that it doesn't have vents except for the fan from BBQ Guru. If the fan breaks, you couldn't use it until you got a replacement. If I bought this smoker (and it does look good!) then I'd buy a back-up fan as back-up.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Kevin Wagenknecht

Comment

This is the updated Onyx Oven. We cooked on one at the last two cook offs we have done and got great results using B&B with wood chunks.

Comment

The best thing about this smoker is the fact that you could sneak in a BBQ Guru with the purchase.

"holy crap this thing comes with a complimentary controller what luck this is!"
              Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 23, 2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

I'll do brisket cook in the next couple of weeks and post pics and a review of the Shotgun Smoker.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool. Thanks! I'm curious as to the cooking area with those three racks.

• Brisket Syndicate
                  Brisket Syndicate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can comfortably put 4 racks of comp trimmed St. Louis style ribs on each rack.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here