Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humphreys Smokers Out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please keep your posts going as this is the smoker that i've been considering.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome from Indiana

Welcome to the Pit, Skullydc!

Comment

Welcome skullydc

Comment

Great feedback. Will keep the posts coming, as others' posts have been very helpful for me.

Comment

Wonder why Amazing Ribs still lists the Humphrey's Smokers as "Not yet judged." Anyone know?

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            They may not have given one to Max Good to test.

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            We have not tested them. It's difficult to keep up with all the small regional manufacturers, good though their products may be.

Just got my pint today. In the process of seasoning it now. Hope we can share some tips and experiences. Sorry the blog won't let me upload a pic

Comment

After serious research and literally hundreds of forums posts and utube videos, I pulled the trigger on a Battle Box. I needed a new smoker and chose it over the Backwoods Fat Boy G2 for several reasons that I will explain if anyone is interested.I think I will be pleased. I am not a "water smoker" and intend to fill the water pan with sand. From what I have read, the results are pretty good at keeping the temp. stabilized. Also got the new Flame Box 300 with wifi to control temp. and will use that once I get familiar with the smoker w/o tech. aides.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely the right approach to take.

• kmhfive
              kmhfive commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice to meet you! I think learning what makes the cooker tick will prove invaluable once you add the controller. You'll have a better understanding of what the readings are telling you. Good luck with the cooker and post pictures if you can!

Thanks Ed. From doing a little searching I see you just put out a book on BBQ.
            Since you were kind enough to respond to my first post...I really haven't used this site often...I will go to Amazon and see if I can purchase it. What type of pits to you have?

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              No, I am not expert enough to be an author. I have a BGE, KBQ and a TEC Cherokee. And a SV machine. :-)

Oops, I misread the post summary. You were praising the author of the book. Well, I will still look for it.

Comment

Thanks kmhfive. Will keep everyone informed about the Humphreys Battle Box and send photos. BTW, how do I do that?

Comment

• dad2five
                dad2five commented
                Editing a comment
                hherbster: did your battle box meet your expectations?

Never got Battle Box. Purchased Backwoods Fat Boy G2 instead. It is a fine smoker, larger depth shelves than B.B., probably should have ordered smaller one for my needs; Chubby G2.
              Infact, from all the videos I have been watching of top pit masters, a top pellet pit would have been a good idea. There is a lot of work with a vertical charcoal smoker, even with a bbq guru. At the ripe old age of 70 I am slowing down and a good large pellet would have been fine.
              Que is fine although I am having a problem keep temps stable and not running away without closing intakes and exhaust on occasion... even with guru.
              I’m considering selling it and getting a pellet pit.
              hherbster

Comment

My first post. Been lurking for a while. Have a Pit Boss ceramic for 5 years and looking for something diffierent.

Looking to purchase either a Battle Box or a G2 Chubby.

Any thoughts from owners of either smoker which is the better option and why?
                Last edited by John TFT; February 20, 2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Old Glory
                  Old Glory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have a Q'ubed Box. Great cooker. Stainless steel. I have used it a bunch of times. Holds temp rock solid. Huge capacity. Takes around 45 minutes to get up to temp. Cooked many slabs of ribs and butts on it. I bought it to cook for my Daughter's graduation party of 50-60 people. Used it a few more times for big parties then COVID. I am selling it if interested.

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome to The Pit.

Asking $2200. Upgraded to stainless. This cooker is ideal for those Weekend BBQs or destroying the competition at a BBQ contest! Solid Maine craftsmanship goes into each cooker for years of dependability. The Qube'd Box is 6" wider than the popular Battle Box. The wider width provides more air flow when cooking with full sheet pans. It also allows 4-6 pork butts (depending on the size of the butts) or 3 racks of ribs per rack. These smokers are reverse flow separating the firebox from the cooking chamber by using a heat deflector and water pan system. These smokers can handle temperatures up to 500 degrees. The doors open past 90 degrees. Welded and insulated frame built within the smoker making this a heavy duty built smoker. additional options of the 8" casters. Additional Options: Stainless steel Doors Stainless Steel Chamber Pull Rack Drip Guard Probe Ports These units come stock with 2" ball valves for air intake. The solid firebox door creates a stylish and modern look as well as an air tight environment. **Standard Features** 1200 Degree Non-flammable Insulation 3 Cooking Racks, steel expanded (6 Rack Locations) Holds Full Size Hotel Pan Stainless Steel 4" Water Pan - combo slide in or drop in Tel-Tru Thermometer Stylish Latches Welded Tubular Sub-frame Innovative Caster Clip which allows you to interchange casters and feet very easily **Dimensions** Outside Dimensions: 30w x 29d x 43h Total Weight of cooker is 350lbs Cooking chamber: 21.25w x 23d x 18h Rack Size: 20.5w x 22d
                Attached Files

Comment

Don't know if this is the best place to post this but I recently got a Humprey's Down East beast and could use some advice in using the Fireboard 2 with a pit Viper. Any tips or tricks on the getting the unit up to temp? If I use the Fan controller, the bottom of the unit is far off from the top especially in the beginning.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here