Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myron Mixon G33 picts finally! This thing is pretty awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myron Mixon G33 picts finally! This thing is pretty awesome

Love cooking part of beasts on this beast
    Attached Files

Go man go!!!

Comment

Wow. Talk about industrial strength...

Impressive.

Comment

Great looking cooker! I'd love to hear your thoughts on its build quality, performance, and value.

Comment

Yowzer!

Comment

Very nice!

Then I saw the price. Ouch.

Conga rats, man!

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker!

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by willxfmr View Post
                  Great looking cooker! I'd love to hear your thoughts on its build quality, performance, and value.
                  this smoker is very high quality. It weighs 880 lbs, the chute for fuel hold 20 + lbs of charcoal and main chamber door closes like that of a mercedes s class from the 1980s

my only complaint is that it is a bit difficult and messy to clean and the fuel chute drains onto a pan that fills up with ash , so this needs to be emptied at least 2x during a 12 hour cook....one other thing is that the heat transfer chute has a set screw at the bottom so unless you have the hands of a 12 year old, it is almost impossible to loosen or tighten, i just leave it loose and slide it back on like a trailer hitch receiver after emptying ash out

as far as functionality, this thing is efficient and capable. Be sure to use a guru or flameboss to force air onto the fire for predictable temperature control

Myron Mixon is the king, and this unit is not just something he put his name on. It has the features that a pitmaster would look for...double latch doors, heavy duty wheels, access channels for pit probe cables, etc. He really did it right with this one. I have three big green eggs. XL L and minimax and the set it and forget it appeals to me on these... The efficiency the MM G33 provides offers the same set it and forget it convenience

while it wasn't cheap, i have found the reactions from the crowds I've fed so far to be priceless!

Comment

• willxfmr
                    willxfmr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the info!
                    How long of a cook can you do with a full load of charcoal?

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup, Myron be the king!

Willxfmr,

a 20 lb bag of kingsford competition at 250F will run 8 to 10 hrs before you should add more, if you are at 210F you can get 12 to 14 hrs.

i do like to crank it up to 390 after a cook to help clean it a little and to burn off whatever is left in the hopper....

if you use lump charcoal do NOT use bigger pieces, even though charcoal chute is round, traffic jams can occur with bigger pieces of lump hardwood charcoal..

a guru with fan is a must have for this smoker

Comment

Boy, you will be one happy dude fer along time! 👍

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Ok, so help a fella out here. I bought the GG20 a year ago and I can't cook on it for crap. I have a Fireboard Pro controller that works great on my Big Joe, but this thing has so much variation from bottom to top I can't get it dialed in. I mean I am seeing more than 100 degrees difference from bottom to top of the smoker. I don't use the water pan, I use B&B charcoal with wood chunks in the ash pan for smoke. I haven't used it in over 6 months just because it is so hard to cook on. I may clean it up (which is also a pain) and give it one last try before giving up and selling it. What have you guys that have this or something similar experienced and can you suggest a solution?

Comment

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Have you tried a water pan? Could this be part of the variation in temps? I know they act as a buffer, or regulator of sorts, due to water's resistance to temp change. If you haven't then it might be a worthy endeavor before throwing in the towel.

• TripleB
                          TripleB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There are two articles on Amazing ribs, one on the G20 and the other on the science behind fire control. Have you looked at these?
                          We tested and reviewed the larger version of this big, beautifully designed smoker and gave it our AmazingRibs.com Gold Medal. Fully welded with solid construction, G20 is built to withstand the rigors of commercial and competitive cooking, while providing ease of use for the aspiring backyard pit master.

Personally, I think it always takes a while to get use to your smoker. Learning where the sweet spot temp is, managing the fire, etc.
                          Don't give up. Drive on!

• learning pellets
                          learning pellets commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That much difference seems odd for that cooker. Thought I had similar issue but my Guru temp probe was bad. Have you checked temps with other probes?
                          Are your probes too close to the meat? I’d read about that but didn’t believe it until I put the Guru on the dial probe and realized the cooling cloud around the meat.
                          Also how far into the cook are you seeing the variation? Once the cabinet heats up, it should even out from corner to corner.
                          Last thing, try the water pan and use hot water.

Nice Rig!!

How deep is that chamber...It looks like you could cook a ton!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here