Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assassin 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin 24

Just became the proud owner of an Assassin 24. Broke it in yesterday and made some awesome Q. It's a highly insulated, gravity fed smoker. The owner, Jeff Conley, and his shop is top notch. He used to make Superior Smokers, Rebel Smokers and a few others, but now only works on his own line. Been in the fab biz for a while. He came in on his weekend just so that I could pick up my new baby. After showing me everything I could possibly want to know about it, we spent the next hour and a half just talking Q. He also gave me the tour of all the other grills and smokers they are in production with. The pics on their website don't do justice to the reality.

Top notch product and top notch company. They will also do any modifications that you want free of charge. Sadly, they damn near have everything you could ever want in their "standard" offering. Can't speak more highly for the product and the people. I pointed him over here also hoping that he can get his product reviewed by the staff.

Looks great. Is the charcoal access in the back? I want one like that, maybe some day.

Comment

Yeah, but you can put it on the side if you want. They'll make it which ever way you want.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am Jealous! Dan

Looks like a sweet rig you got there

Comment

Nice smoker sfrancis353

Comment

That is a thing of beauty. Does he have a website or something so we can check out his handy work? I love the custom fab guys.
          That thing is defiantly a Bad A rig, no doubt.
          Congrats on the new purchase!

Comment

Yes!!!!!!! Love me some gravity-fed!

Comment

I'm diggin' it. I picture having one of those at an arm's length out my sliding door on my deck for those frigid winter days when I don't want to have to step outside.

Comment

I bought one of his 28 with chute on the side it is a thing of great beauty holds temp . It eats wood like a 10 year old eating candy. I love the control of Smoke flavor . I have 4 smokes under my belt and am learning where hot spots are and tempo of adding wood with out driving up temp. The digital guru is a big help pit probe placement is a key factor. Bottom shelf gets ht enough to grill or bake middle and upper shelves cook slower with that said planning meat placement is a major factor. I love learning to play a new instrument...

Comment

• TheCountofQ
                TheCountofQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome, from Oklahoma. I was gifted a gravity feed vault last year. Haven't fired it up yet though. Just haven't had the need yet. As it is in the garage, and SO heavy, I haven't moved it outside just to play. I'm interested in what you are learning about using yours. Keep us posted please.

• Randycha
                Randycha commented
                Editing a comment
                about 2 chunks 4' x 6" per hour the first 3 hours then 1 chunk per hour until meat is wrapped or taken up.

• TheCountofQ
                TheCountofQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Randycha, Is that adding to the firebox, with hot charcoal falling on it, or do you add to the chute with the charcoal?

Sweet!!!

Comment

Big fun Randycha! We'd love to get an intro from you over in the Introduce Yourself channel when you get a minute. Thanks!

Comment

Welcome and Congrats.

Comment

For openers, you be the staff. We will get an up to date birds eye view of your machine. Keep the pics coming. Can't wait to see what you start off with.

Comment

Congrats - that looks super - add me to the list of those who are jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulstheRibList View Post
                        Yes!!!!!!! Love me some gravity-fed!
                        Caught the gravity feed bug, 4 cooks in and enjoying the consistency of temp in the Southern Q Limo Jr.
                        Came down to size of grates between Assassin & Southern Q. Both great fabricators
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1088.JPG
Views:	971
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	304772Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1091.JPG
Views:	1012
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	304773

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here