Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABS American BBQ Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS American BBQ Systems

We are considering a new BBQ this Spring if the remodel EVER reaches completion.
    I am a fan of buying local and supporting local economy and happened onto the ABS site.
    They are manufactured about 2 miles from the house and appear online to be very well made BUT I can't seem to find much information on them.
    They do list a dealer in our hometown but I have never seen one in that store.

Does anyone own one of these or have any experience with them?
    ABS meat smokers & grills give you an advantage in becoming a grill master at home, in competitions, or at events. Made in Kansas City, USA!

Thank you much.
    Last edited by Debra; December 12, 2021, 08:22 AM.

Fer openers, since ya live next door, stop in and talk to em. Bein yer neighbors, they oughta fall all over ya & show em yer Amazon Wibs credentials, as in a quasi interview. Get creative, they seem to be a pretty good outfit. Only one way to tell. Tell em I sent ya, see if that does anything. Try, try, try.

Comment

I have actually tried your suggestion and not been able to catch anyone inside the shop.
      It is a HUGE building but no one ever seems to be there.

Comment

• Davek8282
        Davek8282 commented
        Editing a comment
        Debra They have a phone number and email address on the website, ask for a tour of completed BBQ's

Interesting unit. I have an LSG insulated cabinet but this sounds more versatile. Watching.

Comment

I have a friend that has a Pit Boss, We cooked on it. It is a fine cooker. He is a dealer for them. In Nashville. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

I've looked at both the All Star and the Pit Boss and really like the setup. The "St Louis BBQ Store" had them both on the floor to view when I was there last spring....Might be worth a call and trip to see one and talk to someone who's actually cooked on them.
          I fell in love with the Pit Boss but not sure I can justify pulling the trigger on something that big....but "boy she's a beaut Clark".

Comment

According to their dealer links, I have a dealer in Clear Lake, about 20 minutes from me. I've stopped in a bought a few small things there. They don't have any of the ABS units on their website, but I'll have to stop in and see if they have any to look at. Otherwise, my daughter lives about 10 minutes from the St. Louis BBQ Store. Most trips to St. Louis include a pilgrimage to see what they have. My Blaz'n Grid Iron came from there. When they still used dealers.

Comment

There is a great bbq store in North Jersey called Smoker Guru. I was looking at a Good one Marshall at about 2500. The owner told me to compare to an ABS all star (which I had never heard of) It looked and felt like a vastly superior cooker for 600-700 less. Although the shipping cut into those savings substantially which steered me away from it but you wouldn't have that problem.

Both the All Star and the Bar-Be-Cube we're really impressive.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here