Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSG Mini has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful!!

Comment

FINALLY!! The fun begins. I did a few dry runs in mine to see how it worked. Plus the first few cooks were done manually so I could finish a cook easily if the power went out on the controller.
      I are so going to love it!

Comment

• Flip43
        Flip43 commented
        Editing a comment
        ofelles How long does it take to shut down? Did the burn in at 250. Shut it down 3 hours ago and still at 200.

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        I have never timed it. They are very well insulated so they take a while. If you shut the ball valve and top vent it should smother the charcoal. Burned mine in one day and cleaned it out the next and then did a dry run.

Congratulations!

Comment

Fantastic! Can’t wait to follow along on your cooks!

Comment

Sweet! That thing looks awesome! Can't wait to see some cooks on this bad boy.

Comment

Here are the pics from the first cook. Some slc ribs and a prime brisket. The ability of this cooker to hold temp is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Ran it for 17 hours on less than 10lbs of charcoal. Food was fantastic and I can’t wait for the next cook.
            Attached Files

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              So the wait was worth it right!?
              So are you running it manually or fan? Charcoal & wood?
              Last edited by ofelles; September 6, 2021, 09:47 AM.

• Flip43
              Flip43 commented
              Editing a comment
              I ran it in manual mode. Shut it down a little too much at the start, but once I had it locked in at 225 it held there without any inputs. I do have the fireboard fan ready to go, but wanted to do it myself for the first cook at least. I used B&B briquettes and a mix of pecan, cherry and oak chunks. It may have taken 6 months to get here, but most definitely worth the wait.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here