Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCS Beaten Back (for now!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    DogFaced PonySoldier - Yes indeed. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed tightly that I qualify for TAVR. My regular cardiologist says there should be nothing to worry about, but he's not involved in making the decision, so . . .🤷‍♀️🤞😕

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    commented on 's reply
    I was involved in some of those first TAVR procedures done in the US, that is awesome stuff. Helluva lot better than getting your chest cracked, that's for sure!

• RonB
    replied
    Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery. I hope it turns out well for you.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Please keep us posted. Surely thinking of you. There will always be cookers. Take care of you and then focus on MCS. We are all thinking of you!

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    David, sending thoughts and prayers for a good recovery.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Ouch, not my choice to avoid MCS.
    Wish you well.

Leave a comment:

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    Best wishes to you Dewesq55, I had bypass surgery in 2007. I hope the less invasive option is available for you.

• Jim White
    commented on 's reply
    Yikes. I've had mitral valve repair (done with only partial chest crack) and replacement of my ascending aorta. And I just found out a friend will be undergoing aorta replacement in a couple of months. Feel free to message me on this process, been there and managed to walk away in good health now.

• smokin fool
    replied
    Resistance is futile....
    But I agree with Troutman, there’ll be other cookers for sale.
    Get yourself healthy first.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Troutman . No stents for me. I need my aortic valve replaced. I'm currently being screened for eligibility for a less invasive procedure to do that (TAVR). I had open heart 6 years ago for double bypass. I'm really hoping they don't have to crack my chest again.
    Last edited by Dewesq55; August 5, 2021, 11:16 AM.

• Troutman
    replied
    I'm potentially in the stint screening group myself. Hope things work out for your heart surgery brother Dewesq55.

The cooker can wait.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    started a topic MCS Beaten Back (for now!)

MCS Beaten Back (for now!)

Last week I was in Lowe's and they had the "display unit" of the Chargriller 980 gravity smoker marked down to $499. I really wanted to bite on it, but just couldn't justify it under my current circumstances (still not working and about to undergo a second heart surgery.) But I was sorely tempted.

The funny thing is I had NEVER seen a 980 "on display" at this Lowe's before this, and it wasn't for want of looking.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest