Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Corks or Screw Tops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted based on whisky. I dont drink wine, but with whisky it is always a glass bottle and a cork top. I have yet to find a truly great whisky that has a screw top. Not saying it doesnt exsist, but I have never found one.

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      The whiskey I usually buy comes in plastic bottles. I don't think cork fits in them.
      😂

Voted for screw tops, but also like boxed wine. Drink Bota Box old vine zinfandel quite often. not the best, but good everyday wine. Our favorite winery, Wooldridge Creek in Applegate Valley Oregon, uses corks for some, and screw tops on others; all are good. https://www.wcwinery.com/

Comment

I rarely buy wine, unless I need it for a first try at a new receipt, or I need summat acidic fer auto parts cleaner...

Comment

Truth is, you should be buying wine paired to your food, not to the top. Pairing trumps top every time. So - I didn't get to vote, cuz the don't care vote goes to beer (which I consume like oxygen btw). On the other hand, my wife 'get's' wine and expects me to get it right. She doesn't drink beer and does point out that many of my 4 packs rival a wine price. Price is usually not indicative of how well you'll succeed in pairing (in the $ 10.00 - $ 40.00 range) which is the great news about how to succeed with wine, period. Price WILL make you go 'AH' if it's about the wine, not the meal AND the wine. e.g. aperitif or dessert wine. For the latter I occasionally go with Port, Chocolat and Bleu Cheese Whiz to mix things up.

Let's talk beef for just a minute. Buy Chile or Argentine reds, or local old vine Zinfandel. CA cabs are worn out. Chicken? Go with a focused red, like Pinot Noir properly decanted - white is bourgeois. Seafood? Slam an acidic white. Pasta - geez, get an Italian red from the same county as the noodle. Table red? Go with a simple imported French Bordeaux. Table white? Whatever Cate Blanchett likes this week...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here