Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About wine: good web site, book, Wine w/BBQ, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About wine: good web site, book, Wine w/BBQ, etc...

I just discovered this section, and thought I’d share a resource for anyone looking to learn about wine, or as a resource when you’re wondering what the heck the difference is between Grenache and Garnacha.

I discovered Wine Folly (<— link) when taking a couple of wine-related classes at a local college. IMO; Good, unpretentious information for the masses, easy to understand, well presented. Excellent place to learn, or as reference for medium-depth topics.

The site is run by a sommelier, and she’s published a book or two - I’ve found her book and resource materials really helpful.

Here’s a link to their BBQ/Wine pairing page - some fun options here:
    https://winefolly.com/tutorial/never...with-barbecue/

Cheers!!

(Disclosure: I have no affiliation w/Wine Folley or it’s team - I just like their material. Like AR, they have a helpful, no-nonsense approach. Alongside BBQ, wine is my "other" obsession. I’ve taken a couple of classes, and am fortunate to work part-time at the tasting room of one of Washington’s best wineries. Because life is too short to drink bad ... anything.)
    Last edited by obiQsmoker; September 24, 2018, 01:06 AM.

So why the thumbs down then?

too much wine?

Comment

• obiQsmoker
      obiQsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Good catch - I actually picked the thumps-up icon choice - I’ll mention to the webmaster that their icon for "thumbs-up" is upside down. Maybe they had too much wine!? Switching to Lightbulb icon.
      Last edited by obiQsmoker; September 24, 2018, 01:29 AM.

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we need a wine glass, beer mug, and shot glass icon. Enough of us here would greatly appreciate them.

I got their first book on a whim, ahead of going to Piedmont, Italy for wine. Been hooked on Wine Folly ever since. The new book should ship tomorrow.

Comment

Nice, thanks for sharing. I have been getting into wine recently. Really is hard to know if you are getting a good bottle or not.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here