Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wines Til Sold Out - Website with Email notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wines Til Sold Out - Website with Email notifications

This is a MUST go to for all wine drinkers. They 1 wine per day which they send you an email about and then you go to the site if you want to buy it. All are heavily discounted. There is always a free shipping option with a certain number of bottles. The number of bottles changes depending on the price, but I don't think I have ever had to buy more than 4 bottles to get free shipping. You should check it out and sign up for the email list. There is no cost or obligation to join. I won't post the link unless somebody wants me to.

DEW

Absolutely NO problems with you posting the link

Comment

Excellent! Go here: www.wtso.com/create_account.php to register so you get the daily (sometimes more often) emails about the day's wine and special events, like Marathon Mondays and occasional large format days, etc.

DEW

Comment

• hanfland
        hanfland commented
        Editing a comment
        Been using WTSO.com for several years and they’re TERRIFIC! Great wines, great pricing, and FREE shipping! They’re the folks the big-box wine store hopes You never find out about!
        I’m a 20-year wine industry veteran and WTSO.com is my best discovery yet!

Just as an example, today's wine is Lisini 2009 Brunello di Montalcino for $36.99 per bottle. Free shipping with at least 2 bottle purchase.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that is an awesome bottle of wine. I love Brunello di Montalcino. That's a good price too. I wonder how much longer it has in the bottle... Very tempting

Comment

About 5 years according to the experts. Here are the reviews posted on their website:
          Lisini Brunello di Montalcino DOCG 2009

By International Wine Report
          LISINI Brunello di Montalcino 2009
          The 2009 Lisini is one of the few Brunello's which I have tasted from this vintage that will need time before it hits full stride. At this stage it is a bit restrained, but all the elements are there. It's clean, elegant and made in a traditional style. Right now it's just a bit tight and not giving much more than cherry, wild berries and dried floral at this young age. The fine, silky tannins are tightly wound, ending with a firm, chewy finsh. This shows remarkable structure and elegance for the vintage and is certain to blossom into a beauty given time. This is a classy display of Sangiovese from a house with excellent history. (Best 2017-2026) - March, 2014 (JD)

By Wine Spectator
          LISINI Brunello di Montalcino 2009
          Score: 91
          Release Price: $78
          Region: Tuscany
          Issue: Jul 31, 2014
          This red bursts with cherry, strawberry and floral aromas and flavors, married to a firm structure. Elegant, with vibrant acidity driving the flavors to a lingering aftertaste of fruit and mineral. Best from 2016 through 2026. 2,500 cases made. -BS

By James Suckling
          Lisini Brunello di Montalcino
          Score: 91
          Vintage: 2009
          Date: February 8th, 2014
          A rich, layered wine for the vintage, with dried berry and hints of cocoa and earth. Full-bodied, balanced and succulent. Delicious already.

By Antonio Galloni's Vinous Media
          Lisini 2009 Brunello di Montalcino
          Sant'angelo in Colle, Tuscany
          Red wine from Italy
          Drinking window: 2014 - 2020
          The 2009 Brunello di Montalcino stands out for its textured personality and overall complexity. Dark red stone fruit, savory herbs, licorice, menthol and slate all flesh out in a layered expressive Brunello with tons of pure appeal. This is a decidedly powerful, authoritative Brunello from Lisini. There is no shortage of personality here. Antonio Galloni. Tasting date: February 2014

By Azienda Lisini
          Brunello di Montalcino DOCG

Vineyard Notes
          Considered one of the greatest expressions of the Italian enology, the Brunello of Montalcino is produced exclusively with grapes of the homonymous vitigno which is a variety of Sangiovese grosso. The Brunello of Montalcino of the Lisini Farm, has outstanding characterics due to a continued care of the new plants grown with traditional methods, never forced, but carefully selected by thinning out the brunches during their growth and finally choosing the grapes during the vintage. If you add to all this the modern methods of wine-making, the result is exceptional even when the season has not been favorable. This is how one of the most famous Italian enologists has defined the Brunello of Montalcino Lisini: D.O.C.G.: origin controlled and guaranteed approval.

Tasting Notes
          Colour: Deep ruby tending to garnet with age.
          Aroma: Full bouquet, "goudron", tobacco, violet, vanilla.
          Flavour: Dry, full and perfectly balanced, full bodied, rich, exceptional and sound character wine. It is a perfect example of a full noble wine.

Technical Details
          Total Acidity: 6 to 7.5g per 1,000
          Geographical Location: South of the town of Montacino, and between fractions of Sant'Angelo in Colle and Castelnuovo Abbot
          Grapes: Sangiovese Grosso (Brunello)
          Training System: Cordon low (70 cm from the ground).
          Vineyard Area: 1.5 ha
          Planting Density: 3,300 vines/ha in the oldest vineyards; 5,400 plants/ha in the vineyards
          Production per Plant: 1.8 kg/strain equal to a production of about 60 tonnes/ha of grapes.
          Harvest: By hand in small plastic boxes, with the selection of individual clusters.
          Altitude of Vineyards: From 300 to 350 mls.
          Soil Composition: Tuffaceous Eocene. Climate Characterized by dry summers and mild winters due to the influence of the warm winds from the Maremma.
          Cultural Practices: Executed entirely by hand, with particular attention to pruning and thinning.

Winemaking Notes
          -Executed in stainless steel with life, including the period of maceration on the skins, which varies between 18 and 24 days.
          -Controlled fermentation between 28 and 30°C
          -Chemical analysis daily
          -Daily punching performed manually .
          -Racking with soft pressing
          -Malolactic fermentation
          -Clarification spontaneously without filtration.
          -Ageing: In oak barrels made ​​of Slavonian volume ranging from 11 to 40 HI for a period of 36 months.
          -Assembly: In steel and aged in bottle for 6-8 months.
          [Information is not vintage specific]
          [Information provided by Solair Selections]

By Wine Enthusiast
          Lisini 2009 Sangiovese (Brunello di Montalcino)
          Price: $78
          Varietal: Sangiovese
          Appellation: Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy
          Winery: Lisini
          Alcohol: 14.50%
          Bottle Size: 750.00 ml
          Category: Red
          Importer: Soilair Selection
          In Magazine: 5/1/2014
          By Kerin O’Keefe
          This ripe wine opens with aromas of stewed black fruit, underbrush, prune, and a just whiff of farmyard. The palate reveals nearly overripe black cherry, cinnamon and clove alongside bracing, astringent tannins. (5/1/2014) -88

By Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar (Vinous)
          2009 Lisini Brunello di Montalcino
          Winery: Lisini
          Style: Red Wine
          Varietal: Sangiovese
          By Ian D'Agata
          Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, Jul/Aug 14
          Deep red. Fresh red berry and cherry aromas are complemented by mint and tar. Red cherry and licorice flavors are brightened by a zesty mineral quality and framed by slightly gritty tannins, giving the wine a somewhat lean quality. Finishes pleasantly fresh and focused, with the cherry, tar and licorice notes persisting nicely. 88 Points

By Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
          2009 Lisini Brunello di Montalcino
          A Sangiovese Grosso Dry Red Table wine from Italy, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy
          Review by Monica Larner
          Wine Advocate # 211 (Feb 2014)
          Rating: 87
          Drink 2015 - 2020
          The 2009 Brunello di Montalcino does not reach the stellar heights of past vintages, notably 2006 and 2007. The wine spends a long 42 months in botte grande and although that great patience does much to increase the wine’s nuances, there also appear to be some oxidized tones of dried apple skin and caramelized sugar. The fruit tones are mature and evolved and the wine imparts a delicate, easy footprint on the palate. A blast of sweet cherry arrives unexpectedly on the close. Drink: 2015-2020. Importer: Soilair Selection, www.soilairselection.com

Comment

I ordered two bottles. I'd have ordered more but I have 11 nice bottles of Italian wine I need to get through already.

Nice post!

Comment

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed - I have never been. The only downside to the site is that shipping is slow. Don't be holding your breath waiting for it to arrive. You are better off kind of forgetting about it and then being pleasantly surprised when it eventually arrives.

DEW

Comment

I'm fine with that.
                Last edited by David Parrish; January 9, 2015, 02:05 PM. Reason: Gremlins

Comment

I just signed up. We love red wines. I currently have about 100+ bottles. We usually have 2 -4 bottles a week. Paired a nice Petite Shirah the other day with pulled pork in corn tortillas. They went pretty well together.

Comment

Thanks Dew I got 4 bottles

Comment

Oh no! I just want to give you fair warning! My wife is looking for whoever it was that told me about this wine website

Rick

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here