Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a great wine app to recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a great wine app to recommend

I use this app whenever I'm at the store buying wine.

Shop on Vivino — the world's largest wine marketplace with reviews straight from the community. Get the best offers on wine matched to your taste.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vivino-functions.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	402275

You open the app and take a picture of a wine label, and it finds the wine in its database. It shows user ratings and average price making it easy to tell if the bottle is a good deal or not. You can also read user reviews for more details. It's a free app so you should definitely try it out.

Got it and Delectable. I rely on both before any wine purchase when trying new varietals.

Comment

Yup, it is helpful! You take a picture of the label of the wine you are enjoying and the app tells you all about it. The next time you are buying wine you pull out the app as a reminder...maybe that is just me because I can never remember the name of wines.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not just you.

Nice thanks!

Comment

I heard this wine app might be pretty good as well......

Click image for larger version

Name:	meathead.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	402315

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Won't fit in my pocket.

I use Delectable but similar concept. I am such a beverage snob. I have Utappd for beer, Delectable for wine and now, thanks to Attjack ‘s other thread, I will now check out Distiller!!

Comment

Yeah Utappd is good. I was going to lament the lack of an app from Ratebeer or Beeradvocate, but I checked and Ratebeer has released an official app.

Comment

Thanks can't wait to use it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here