Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine talk 🍷

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atalanta
    commented on 's reply
    Don't do it intentionally, try to make sure I mark wine festival bottles with the festival year. Some survive the neglect, some aren't even vinegar worthy.

• Gary92067
    commented on 's reply
    I cellar most of my wines for up to 20+ years.

• ecowper
    replied
    Had this 2012 Salmos from Priorat (Spanish wine making region) last night with beef ribs. I have to say it worked really .... Pretty robust and balanced red that could stand up to the fatty, smoky beef ribs quite well. If you see it in the store, it's a good pickup for BBQ evenings.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    You got it Huskee. It's 'Murica. We don't pronounce things like the French. :-)

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I'm a dummy....is it pronounced as it looks, Kay-muss?

• ecowper
    replied
    Mitrakas my wife and I opened that 94 SS for Christmas dinner this year. It was a beauty. Incredibly refined .... Although definitely time to drink it.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I like Auberge ... Although my wife and I generally make our regular stops at The Chophouse and Bistro Jeanty when we come through Napa

• Mitrakas
    replied
    HAHAHA!!! Caymus with a French accent. ecowper, I still have a few nice napa cabs from the early and mid 90's in the cellar and they are really elegant and refined things of beauty. I bet the 94 SS sang--had it probably 10 years ago, and it was excellent and trending up at that time.

Leave a comment:

• Yno
    replied
    The first time I visited Caymus, The guy mowing the lawn jumped off his mower and came to greet us. Turned out to be the owner and winemaker. Back in those days, the regular Cab was sometimes available for under $18 at my favorite wine shop, and I became my regular Friday night tipple. Too bad it got so expensive, without getting any better.

Funny story - we were having lunch at Auberge du Soleil, one of the finest restaurants in the valley, with a deck that has a million dollar view. As our waiter was talking to us, we heard a lady with a an adjacent table loudly ask for a bottle of the "Caymoooo". Our waiter just rolled his eyes, but we had a good laugh.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I have been disappointed by the Napa trend towards big, alcohol laden, fruit bombs. Trying to get a Robert Parker score, basically. I had a bottle of 1994 Caymus Special Selection recently and was reminded of why I Napa beat Bordeaux back in the day.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here