Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What wine to pair w BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinot Noir is a good choice.

Here are 3 tips and 13 wines that are perfect with food from the grill. Shed some light on wine with BBQ because with a few tips that are useful in addition to finding the best wine.

Comment

With that menu? A rosé.

Comment

Perhaps dear old Pa-pah can procure his own libation suitable to his tastes.

Comment

I like most all red wine as long as it is not sweet. Pinot is great and so is Malbec. But I also like a good cab or merlot. Hell, I like them all!

Comment

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen CaptainMike !

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Again, never heard of a Malbec, I'm on a mission to find one now.

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            I recommend Cigar Box. Good and reasonable.

Prophecy or Gnarly Head Zin are standard "go-to's" for me

Big fan of Pinot (esp w/ fish and chicken) but prefer Cabs and Zins w/ pork & beef

Comment

In my opinion, a Pinot may be a little too subtle to soak up the bbq flavors. Reds with a body work for me. From dry to sweet, Rioja, Zinfandel or Shiraz is what I like with BBQ. Don't buy just for him. Make sure it is something you may want to try too. -Again, just my opinion.

Comment

I like a good German Riesling

Comment

If he wants a red, a Zin goes nicely with spicy BBQ. Get a nice Dry Creek Valley zin, you will not go wrong. You can go white here with Sauv Blanc, Gewurtz, or Riesling.

For sweeter Q, keeping it red, Pinor Noir or Pinot Nero (or any of a dozen Italian varietals that fit the same bill)... you could go white with Sauv B, Riesling, Mueller-Thurgau... Sparkling and rose' work well for pork que as well.

For brisket, go with a big red, Zin, Cab Sauv, Tempranillo, Rioja, good Chianti, an aged Barolo, a younger Barbera or Barbaresco...

But, the most important wine pairing advice is to drink what you like. So, if he demands red, serve a red. If he can be more specific, you can narrow it down.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here