Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about an Oreo-flavored wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about an Oreo-flavored wine?

Oreo has teamed up with Barefoot to bring you: a limited edition Oreo Thins red wine

Each Barefoot x Oreo Thins Red Blend delivery comes with two 750ml bottles of wine and a package of Oreo Thins for $24.99.

Thanks…………..a lot……………I think.

But if given time…………………mebbee not.

Comment

Not in this lifetime

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        No Guts, No Glory.

Serve them separately, I'm all in.
      Together, well, why not....I'd have to give it a try

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Serving them separately would allow you to dunk the Oreos.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        I've never been a Oreo dunker, don't know why.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto,

Ack!

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Bill?

Quite a few years ago the Snoqualmie Winery (Wa. State) put on an event they called "Cabernet & Chocolate". At the time that struck us as strange, but we decided to attend and see how it worked. First, it was good wine, and second, the chocolate was high quality stuff...................and did they work well together to our surprise. A yummy combination. Not sure on this Oreo/wine combo though, the cloyingly sweet filling might not work. Who here is going to be the guinea pig?

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
        WillTravelForFood commented
        Editing a comment
        red Wine + dark Chocolate = winning combination, usually

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        Pick me....pick me!!!!
        Agree the chocolate has to be quality stuff not the imitation wax some places produce.
        There are specific dessert wines so I can't think a reason this combination would not work.
        Ice wines can be especially sweet, too sweet for me usually but in the right setting fantastic.

How about not?

Comment

Ugh.

I had a bad experience with Voodoo Donut Maple Bacon Ale from Rogue - the singular most horrible commercially bottled beer I ever tasted. That was enough to turn me off from all alcoholic beverages that mix in other ingredients, most especially meat.

Of course, it can always get worse. Wynkoop Brewing's Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout for example...

BEER NAME: Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout - Imperial Stout - 8.0% ABV We took our most famous stout and added a twist with French Oak spirals. After finishing fermentation, we put the wood to our ballsy brew to make it even more unique. Brewed with loads of specialty malts for a roasty flavor featuring coffee,

Be sure to watch the Youtube intro video they include a link to...

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I can confirm that Voodoo Donut Maple Bacon Ale is disgusting.

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Jim - I've had the Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout and it was actually quite good ... for two reasons:

1. It tastes like normal stout. No hint of the potentially nasty adjunct.
          2. I didn't know that's what I was drinking ... or at least, I thought it was a joke. It wasn't.

I highly encourage others to give it a try. Me? Nope ... knowing what I know now, never in a million years.

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Come on MBMorgan ! That was singularly seminal experience, and it was quite ballsey for you to partake of it!

If I had a wine that tasted like Oreos I'd dump it down the sink believing it was corked.

Comment

I blame all of this on the flavored vodka craze. There's a shelf in the store near me with all of the Absolut vodka flavors and I'm just... why? I get the vodka has very little flavor to it but add things as mixers to cocktails.

Flavored wine is an abomination. But then there's peanut butter whiskey, so...

Comment

Of course, it has to be better than Coors Light,

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Spoiler alert: It's not.

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Is to.

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            Now you are getting personal

No. Oreo-flavored wine would just be disgusting. Now if someone wants to replace the cloyingly sweet Oreo cookie filling with something that smacks of a nice Zin or Cab, then sign me up.
          Last edited by MBMorgan; December 8, 2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Murdy
            Murdy commented
            Editing a comment
            So wine-flavored Oreos?

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Murdy - Why not? I'd at least try that.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here