Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about an Oreo-flavored wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    There was a great commercial from Newcastle:

"A question for all people with fruit in your beer--

Why is there fruit in your beer?"

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah some of the things they're putting in beer now makes one wonder how hammered they were when they were brewing to think up some of these concoctions.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Pick me....pick me!!!!
    Agree the chocolate has to be quality stuff not the imitation wax some places produce.
    There are specific dessert wines so I can't think a reason this combination would not work.
    Ice wines can be especially sweet, too sweet for me usually but in the right setting fantastic.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    I've never been a Oreo dunker, don't know why.

• WillTravelForFood
    commented on 's reply
    red Wine + dark Chocolate = winning combination, usually

• CaptainMike
    replied
    If I had a wine that tasted like Oreos I'd dump it down the sink believing it was corked.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Ugh.

I had a bad experience with Voodoo Donut Maple Bacon Ale from Rogue - the singular most horrible commercially bottled beer I ever tasted. That was enough to turn me off from all alcoholic beverages that mix in other ingredients, most especially meat.

Of course, it can always get worse. Wynkoop Brewing's Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout for example...

BEER NAME: Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout - Imperial Stout - 8.0% ABV We took our most famous stout and added a twist with French Oak spirals. After finishing fermentation, we put the wood to our ballsy brew to make it even more unique. Brewed with loads of specialty malts for a roasty flavor featuring coffee,

Be sure to watch the Youtube intro video they include a link to...

Leave a comment:

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    Bill?

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    Serving them separately would allow you to dunk the Oreos.

• Attjack
    replied
    How about not?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    Quite a few years ago the Snoqualmie Winery (Wa. State) put on an event they called "Cabernet & Chocolate". At the time that struck us as strange, but we decided to attend and see how it worked. First, it was good wine, and second, the chocolate was high quality stuff...................and did they work well together to our surprise. A yummy combination. Not sure on this Oreo/wine combo though, the cloyingly sweet filling might not work. Who here is going to be the guinea pig?

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Ack!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Serve them separately, I'm all in.
    Together, well, why not....I'd have to give it a try

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Not in this lifetime

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Thanks…………..a lot……………I think.

But if given time…………………mebbee not.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here