Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite whites for lighter BBQ meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wu7y
    commented on 's reply
    ". . . red wine commonsewer . . ." I love it!! Have you been spending time with Bonesy??

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I second sauvignon blanc. I'm a red wine guy but I like sauvignon blanc for cooking and for lighter meats such as fish or chicken. Other choices are Pinot Grigio and blush.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    No problem, I get what your saying.
    I have to idea of the pricing in Alberta, I kinda keep my purchases under $15 a bottle to be honest I haven’t looked at a bottle of French or Italian wine in so long I have no idea how much they cost.

• big_mack
    replied
    surprised but not that there is a lot of sauv blanc recommendations. I don't like it much any more. prob drank to much at one point. but I can see how its juicy acidity would go well with bbq. I'll pick up some kim crawford for a bbq soon and give it a swirl.

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    replied
    If you are going white then personally i prefer a new zealand/australian sauv blanc. I like the crispness and find it helps cut the heaviness that bbq can bring. Like food though, its all down to personal taste.

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    replied
    I'm partial to Sea Glass Sauvignon Blanc with lighter meats, fish and cheese or just by itself!

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Carlo Rossi Red Mountain................wait that's just to get off on the acid. Never mind!

Leave a comment:

• big_mack
    commented on 's reply
    well my friend we'll have to sort of disagree. I find Canadian wine offers poor value probably mostly because its taxed so much. I don't find any value in BC wines for the most part. Not sure about your area though as we don't see much of it out here. I believe that wine from euro countries are taxed less than Canadian juice. I buy a lot of $20 Italian whites that would cost more for the equivalent in Canadian wine.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    big_mack My favorite bold red is a petite sirah. Don't let "petite" fool you, it refers to the size of the grapes not the flavor, the flavor is very bold due to more skin to meat ratio in petite sirah grapes. Next is a good Cabernet Sauvignon, but not all are created equal. Lastly, for me, is a good red zinfandel. All great BBQ wines in my opinion. Even a lackluster red will come alive with a good peppery BBQ rub.

• Backroadmeats
    replied
    Boones farm.. pretty much any flavor!! They are all good!!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    big_mack Your above question would take weeks for me to answer so in a nutshell....
    I pass on European wines altogether, I know its the birth place but I just don't see/taste the of they're wines. They speak of old school winemaking and age old methods, when your wineries output is 1.2 billion bottles a year....pass.
    Right now I buy 99% Ontario VQA red wines from Niagara and more recently Erie's north shore.
    Burning Kiln Winery - they're Harvest Party is fantastic
    Pelee Island Winery - makes great and affordable reds....and whites
    Wayne Gretzky Estates - I started buying they're reds recently although they are pricey
    I do buy certain Cali reds, Josh comes to mind, I'm an impulse buyer with Cali wines if something strikes my fancy its in the cart.
    I'm extremely lucky Niagara wine country is a 35 min drive away while Erie is just over an hour so I stay local for my wines....and less than 5 mins from 3 LCBO's.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Initially I liked big bold reds and wasn't interested in whites. I still like the reds and now whites too. But my clear favorite is now Pinot Noir.

• big_mack
    commented on 's reply
    I wonder if anyone is going to whine about your pun!

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Why I know a wino said the wino

• bbqLuv
    replied
    I would suggest White Zinfandel, but I might Blush.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here