Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite whites for lighter BBQ meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big_mack
    commented on 's reply
    whats your choice for a big bold red and some bbq?

• big_mack
    commented on 's reply
    what reds do you prefer with some bbq? Aussie Shiraz? California Zin? Cab?

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    YES. Two rules
    1-- PBR pairs well with everything.
    2-- When in doubt see rule 1

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I think *white* wine and BBQ aren't a common thing, but a big bold red? Yeah baby!

• Huskee
    replied
    For white I enjoy a good minerally sauvignon blanc with food. Otherwise I prefer the biggest boldest red.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    I'm a red wine commonsewer myself but if pressed a nice Pino Grigio goes with most anything, maybe a Riesling in a pinch.
    I find Chard has run its course in this house, I haven't brought one in years. People gift it to me and it can sit for months.
    I find Rose more of a dessert wine, its to in between for many main courses.
    No right or wrong answer here, everyone's palette is different.

Leave a comment:

• big_mack
    commented on 's reply
    Off dry Riesling from Germany or the Alcase could be good. I little mineral sweetness, a little almost oily diesel. But Rose is sounding like a great way to go.

• big_mack
    commented on 's reply
    Yes indeed. I meant to mention Rose but forgot. Probably even better, generally speaking, for summer BBQ.

• Henrik
    replied
    I'm with Attjack here, get a good rosé and your good. Except for that I drink a lot of Riesling, especially the less sweeter ones. It's hard to recommend any specific brand as I live in Sweden and I have no idea what's available in your country.

A classic chardonnay (with a bit of oak wood character, and a bit buttery) works wonders too, but I would pair that with sweet flavored meats. An example: I would not serve it with vinegary ribs, but instead serve it with sweet smoked spiral ham for example.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    How about rosé?

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    replied
    Wish I could help, but the only pairing I have to worry about is milk, coffee, or water.
    This guy however seems to have at least put some thought into it. Link
    I have also heard that
    Meathead was a wino of some stripe in a past life, so maybe he will have some ideas.
    There is also the wine/spirits guide over on the free side. https://amazingribs.com/links-our-fa...r-and-spirits/

Leave a comment:

• big_mack
    replied
    I do get the feeling that wine and bbq don't match up much in discussions. this sub board has the fewest threads evah. Is PBR better than a good bottle of 40 yr old Barolo with a steak?

Leave a comment:

• big_mack
    started a topic Favorite whites for lighter BBQ meat

Favorite whites for lighter BBQ meat

What are some go to white varietals or styles of whites (like oaked Chard) that you like to pair with grilled or smoked pork, chicken or seafood? Might be too open of a question because some of you bbq wine geeks might get very specific on what white you like with grill smoked oysters.

But now is the season for bbq and white summer wines. Once its over, its time to switch to red meat and red wine for most of us. Which is another good thread.
    Last edited by big_mack; July 27, 2021, 08:51 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here