Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tequila Question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tequila Question:

I have guest coming that are tequila folks. I'm not and they know that so I'd like to surprise them.

Can anybody point me at a nice Anejo with a 60.00 or so budget? I'll give you full credit BTW.

I am not a Tequila guy at all, but this post may be helpful and maybe we can summon NC BBQ Maven in time to get you an answer.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Did that.

Darn Jon... I might be too late for this...

Cruz del Sol Anejo -- I drink it all the time and it seems pretty good. Less than 60.00

There are some real Tequila-knowledgeable people here, maybe they will chime in too.

My definition of good Tequila is when I can drink a bunch of it and NOT end dancing around naked hahahaha
    Last edited by smarkley; June 26, 2015, 05:02 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks bro much appreciated.

I saw several bottles of T in a locked up case at the local ( you pick - ABC, Red Ball, Liquor Store, etc. ). There was one for $400.00.

Sorry I can't advise on T, but after the second trip with Mescal (stupid worm!), I learned my lesson.

--Ed

Comment

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly I'm not sure the point of your post but I'll say thank you for the attempt. This does confirm why I was reluctant to ask. Just sayin Medusa
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; June 26, 2015, 09:13 PM.

• Medusa
      Medusa commented
      Editing a comment
      Just general BS, but I was amazed at a $400.00 bottle of T. Mescal was mentioned as I was remembering "stupid tricks" during the 'ole Navy days - LOL!

Went with Don Julio at 59.99. Thanks everyone.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Well at least you kept it below $60 😊.

Wait!!! Was there tax? Jon Solberg
      Last edited by DWCowles; June 26, 2015, 08:25 PM.

• Jon Solberg
      Jon Solberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude Im budget oriented.

and cool with a bit of budget creep
      Last edited by Jon Solberg; June 26, 2015, 11:33 PM.

If you're budget oriented... Ever heard of the term, BYOB?

I've TRAINED my friends and family that when they dine at my house... I buy the food and put in the labor and they bring the wine and booze.

If they bring good wine and booze - it's about a push.

If it's a lady friend... That's a different story.
    Last edited by Breadhead; June 27, 2015, 02:14 AM.

Comment

El Mayor....very tasty, smooth...remind you of a bourbon.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here