Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stagg Jr. Sightings in Western PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stagg Jr. Sightings in Western PA

If you live in the Western Pennslyvania Area, Stagg Jr. hit the shelves today for the first time in over 2 years. For those that don't know about this particular bottle, it comes from Buffalo Trace Distillery out of Kentucky and is the younger offering of George T. Stagg (Part of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection BTAC)

This probably won't stay on the shelves for long though. So, If this guy is on your list, act fast!
    Attached Files

Enjoy! Such a hot bourbon, makes it worth it since I have to cut it pretty good to sip it which increases its mileage. I found it once by mistake when I didn't even know what it was. Once I loved it I could never find it again, been about 4 yrs for me.

Comment

I was gifted a bottle of George T for my 60th b-day by a group of friends I had invited to my self-thrown birthday bash at a Manhattan steakhouse. It was amazing. I made it last about a year by treating it like the special occasion treat that it was.

Huskee - a hot load, indeed, though I managed to avoid watering it most of the time by taking very small sips. The strategy has the side benefit of making it last.

Comment

I love the high proof whiskies, you can't beat the complexities of something staight from the barrel. A little trick I learned at a whiskey tasting over the winter from a distiller helps with the heat while also opening up your pallet. Sip your whiskey and let it sit only under your tongue for 15-20 seconds then chew and swallow it.as you normally would . We did this with a 133 barrel proof Jack Daniels, you only have to do it on the first sip. Allowing the whiskey to as he put it "attack" this part of your pallet numbs the part of your tongue which is least sensitive to taste opening up the other parts that are much more sensitive. Your brain recognizes the message from the tongue numbing that part of your pallet sending a message that it did its job allowing the top, front and sides to remain sensitive and not become numb. I was sceptical at first mostly because of the science and biology involved, but I was wrong. Give it a try, and enjoy the barrel proofs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here