Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow & Low Whiskey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow & Low Whiskey

Click image for larger version  Name:	B7CE72EF-DA5B-4744-9F21-2C3912D81698.png Views:	0 Size:	358.2 KB ID:	877605Click image for larger version  Name:	F2AFDD76-FAD4-4FFB-AEA6-FC808AC0170B.png Views:	0 Size:	283.9 KB ID:	877606Click image for larger version  Name:	334D06F9-7EFE-41AF-AFD3-5B868718FFBF.png Views:	0 Size:	199.4 KB ID:	877607 Not sure if this has ever been brought up here but an add for Slow & Low Whiskey was on my Facebook feed this morning.

Seems like some great marketing towards BBQ enthusiasts.

Not sure if this interests all of you Whiskey drinkers here.
    Last edited by ssandy_561; July 9, 2020, 06:58 AM.

So the can is an "old fashioned" or that is the flavor profile of the actual whiskey?

This is interesting, I’ll have to look this up just to read about it. I would try it if it was out somewhere, I always have a hard time buying some of the flavored bourbons/whiskeys though because.....if you don’t like it then you got a bottle of it. But, I guess that’s the bottle you put out for others to drink with ice and mix it with something

thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoke a butt and invite people over. They bring sides and drink up the whiskey you don't like. Everybody wins.

See a lot of this up at our LCBO now.
    I guess the new generation can’t mix a proper drink any more or it’s not available on Amazon
    I tried a couple of gin and vodka mixed tall boys yesterday, I was getting sick of beer, they were passable and easy.
    Didnt need to carry bottles of liquor and mixes, there is a simplicity to them

Comment

• DeusDingo
      DeusDingo commented
      Editing a comment
      you think it's a new generation thing? you don't think when you were 25 you wouldn't have drank this kind of thing?

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      DeusDingo Its breweries and distilleries way of yanking more money out of your jeans.
      And I'm OK with that.
      It was the wrong thing to bring the new generation thing into the conversation, my attempt at humor.
      When I was 25, I feel like and idiot just saying that, beer and spirits were king.
      Now wine and coolers have shoved them aside and rule the roost so its generational/progress not new generation.
      Good point.

I tend to keep a bottle of this around most of the time. My Grandpa introduced me to it as a kid. It's a bit nostalgic for me.

Comment

I'd be willin to try me a shotta this here, but am firmly sided with barelfly re: I'm decidedly not buyin me a 750 ml to see if'n I likeys it, or not...

At least these folks offer a wee lil sampler can; I can toss one, taste it, like it, or jus walk on...

Admittedly, ah'ma tell yall what; whiskey outta can don't sound great to me, but I kin live through it, in th interest of Science...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; February 9, 2021, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Stuey1515
        Stuey1515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely, it's the sort of thing that you try at a mate's house before you invest yourself

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        The can is a cocktail not just whiskey.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, I seen that Attjack

Paired with beer, Nice another reason for PBR.
      Happy Grilling to you

Comment

While I sit back and wait for Miss Mammy Blue (WSM 22) to do her thing, I take in a little bit of Wild Turkey.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Beefchop
          Beefchop commented
          Editing a comment
          The kickin' chicken is never a mistake!

• RustyHaines
          RustyHaines commented
          Editing a comment
          A legend. I've been drinking it since I wasn't supposed to be old enough.

I tried this once and didn't like it. Gimmicky. I'm not a whiskey snob by any stretch, but you can do better making an old fashioned with your fave whiskey and fresh ingredients. YMMV.
        Last edited by Beefchop; March 12, 2021, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
          DogFaced PonySoldier commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. I haven't tried this one, but nothing beats a whiskey sour made with a good rye (Sazerac is one of my favs) and good HOMEMADE sour mix. Not some store-bought bottled sour. Make your own from lemons and limes. Labor intensive, but so is BBQ and I don't usually eat BBQ at restaurants, either. Dash of bitters, coupla cherries, Sazerac and homemade sour - CAN. NOT. BE. BEAT.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here