Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great day in the booze world for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great day in the booze world for me!

Local liquor store was having quite the sale; several whiskey's and scotch's on sale. Got a regular and 2 rye Bulleit for 1/3 off, 2 Jameson at nearly half price, a couple Chivas for right at half off, and finally 2 Glenfiddich 15 for about 40% off. I normally don't drink Chivas but at half off I think I'll manage.

The very first drink of booze that I can remember was Chivas 25yr old when I was about 10yrs old. I've been a Scotch drinker ever since. (My first beer was a sip from Mom's "Little Oly" when I was about 7.)

Comment

My first sip of alcohol was Dad's Schlitz sitting on the end table while he was napping after working outside in the yard. I was about 8-10. Gosh, it tasted terrible. I almost spit it out. Then, I heard Dad chuckling.... Folks always liked Canadian whiskey, so I got a taste or two. But, it was Chivas that I liked as a late teen and college student.

Comment

First beer was a drink of Budweiser at around 8 and I hated it, didn't drink it regularly until the Marines. First liquor was at 13 at a friends house while his parents were away, a shot of 151 that did not stay down long at all. 151 in the sinuses will put one off of sampling booze for quite some time.

Comment

Ouch, John

Comment

I don't drink much (honest!) but when I do, I prefer Bushmills Irish Whiskey (black label if I can find it). Jameson is fine as well, just not quite as smooth.
            Just don't tell my Irish Catholic family that I prefer the "Protestant" whiskey!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Local liquor store was having quite the sale; several whiskey's and scotch's on sale. Got a regular and 2 rye Bulleit for 1/3 off, 2 Jameson at nearly half price, a couple Chivas for right at half off, and finally 2 Glenfiddich 15 for about 40% off. I normally don't drink Chivas but at half off I think I'll manage.
              Nice score! I've never seen such a liquor sale, didn't think it ever happened.

Comment

John, I know someone was going to have to attend the sale and buy something. I appreciate you doing it and I applaud you on your selections. I know it was a nasty Job but, someone had to do it!!

Barry

Comment

It was tough, but a couple of Old Fashioned with that Bulleit Rye last night really helped me feel better about it!

Comment

I picked this up at total wine here in baton rouge lousiana...I made a crawfish cream sauce today with the sherry..and used the apple whiskey..in some arkansaw black apple beans..the heaven hill set is a gift.
                    as is the blade and bow
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes the LCBO will mark liquor down $1.00 maybe $2.50 and tell us the savings are a really big deal.
                      Our local store usually has as shelf of de-listed items were you can get some really good savings.
                      But 30-40% off will never happen here, quite simply 55-60% is HST and the gov't isn't giving up that money no way no how.

Comment

I only drink to keep it out of the hands of women and children

Comment

• FireMan
                          FireMan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Somebody’s got to do it.

Let me know when The MacAllan 18 is on sale or Stagg Jr is in stock.

Comment

Yeah I've never seen a significant sale on liquor. Maybe with the exception of vodka...

Comment

Old Crow, and PBR--That is the word from the Liquor Czar.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here