Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads Up! Limited Release Maker's Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads Up! Limited Release Maker's Mark

For those of you interested in trying select bourbons/whiskeys, Maker's Mark will be releasing another addition to their "Maker's Mark Wood Finishing" Series. This particular bourbon is Stave Profile RC6. It is already available in select KY retailers and will be available at select retailers nationwide in Oct.

From the email I received:

"Building on what we've learned with Maker's Mark 46 and our popular Maker's Mark Private Select bottlings, the Wood Finishing Series allows us to explore how variations in wood can influence and enhance a whiskey's flavor profile - all while staying true to the core essense of Maker's Mark.....we added 10 specially created virgin American oak staves to fully matured Maker's Mark for finishing. The staves were seasoned for a full 18 months and then baked in a convection oven. The result is a bourbon that intentionally highlights the fruit and spice of original Maker's Mark. The RC6 staves draw out the ripe fruit notes found in our proprietary yeast strain, enhancing them for a bright, lively balance of sweet and spicy notes."

This sounds a lot like what Huskee has been doing with his barrel aging. I don't work for MM, but am an ambassador, so I'm super stoked about this release, hoping AL will have some available. I was able to procure a couple bottles of their Private Select bottles and loved it, so this is likely going to be a hit.

Either way, good luck to y'all and I look forward to your reviews.

Got to try this one a few months back during a barrel pick of Maker's Private Select that our local whiskey club participated in. The rep from Maker's Mark brought a sample of it in a flask. Other than the Seared Bu that they put out a few years ago, this was the best Maker's Mark I've ever had. The tasting notes in the email are spot on. It's a winner.

Comment

I'll be watchin fer it here...

Comment

I finally got to try this bourbon at AT&T stadiums Optimum Club on Sat.
        I admit my experience with bourbon is very limited but I did really liked the sample I tried.
        It is listed at the LCBO up here, the Makers Mark as well as the 46 so will grab a sampler this weekend.

Comment

I wonder if Flaviar will get it. Would love to try it. I'm not the world's biggest Maker's mark fan, but I don't hate it. I haven't even tried their barrel proof yet, but I want to because I know it will be better.

Comment

• au4stree
            au4stree commented
            Editing a comment
            The Private Select is fantastic, not happy about the price as I think it’s more than it should be, but do enjoy tasting MM with different wood staves. I had to google Flaviar.....😂

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're interested in what Flaviar has to offer, let me know, I have a link that will get us BOTH free bottle of whiskey if you join! au4stree 🥃

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here