Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Beam Warehouse Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Beam Warehouse Fire

A fire at a Jim Beam warehouse in Versailles, Kentucky, was in its third day of burning on Thursday, as Kentucky officials began assessing the environmental impact the leaking bourbon was having on nearby waterways.

Lost something like 40,000 barrels

It's a conspiracy to reduce supply, I tell ya!!

I was on a golf course about 1/2 mile away when the Barton 1792 warehouse collapsed in Bardstown last year. Sounded exactly like thunder, but there were no clouds.

Comment

Well Instead of Beam, looks like I'll have to go back to .....

Comment

I'm moving to PLAN B for the time being.

Comment

I think all the local fire departments will have plenty of preburned wood for the next few years.

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Wondering if Jack Daniels was running low of mellowing charcoal and tossed a match over the fence.

WOW I am glad I buy local.... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pVF...v_eSF723s/view The Rye whiskey is to die for... That from a Bowmore scotch drinker.

Comment

sadness...sadness everywhere

Comment

This is only a couple of weeks after the partial collapse of another warehouse in Owensboro, about 90 minutes from me.

O.Z. Tyler warehouse

Comment

Could have been worse, it could have been scotch. :-)

Comment

• texastweeter
                  texastweeter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  singlemalt at that...

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  See, that would have been a tragedy.

40,000 barrels of Jim Beam up in Smoke? I call that a good start.

Comment

You Beam-haters make me sad. The same distillery "white dog" goes into Beam, Knob Creek, Baker’s, and Booker’s. The only difference is the age, location of the barrel in the warehouse, and the blending of barrels to create the final taste profile.

I’m not much of a fan of Beam white label, but I love Knob Creek and Booker’s. Fine bourbon.

Beam will be OK. Two rickhouses are a financial loss for sure, but they have at least a hundred more.

Comment

• Bkhuna
                    Bkhuna commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not much of a fan of any of their offerings from their standard mash bill. Now, their high rye mash bill is a different story.

Jack Daniels single barrel and TX are my non scotch whiskeys. well, those and Stagg jr

Comment

It is 45,000 barrels, which is like one months output for Beam or less. Full inventory at Beam is 3.3 million barrels. Ya'll need to take a trip on the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky to learn how whiskey is made these days. Beam has a distillery in Cincinnati that then ships the raw brew to Kentucky for aging. No big deal. They will have that warehouse rebuilt shortly and be back aging again in no time. As Suntory Beam stated it was young whiskey and they expect to have no effect on availability. See here for full statement: https://www.usnews.com/news/national...arehouse-blaze

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here