Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking Cocktail Recipes using Cowboy Candy ”Juice”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking Cocktail Recipes using Cowboy Candy ”Juice”

In Meathead’s recipe for Cowboy Candy (pickled/candied jalapeños) he mentions using the remaining "juice" (after the jalapeños have been consumed) in a variety of uses, including mixed drinks.
    Have you used the leftover juice in a cocktail with good results. If a, what is your recipe?
    Thanks in advance!

I have used it in BBQ sauce and baked beans. Used in place of other sweeteners. Don't know the ratios but haven't had any complaints.

Comment

Have not tried, but would consider it in a martini or Manhattan in place of vermouth. Either one, sparingly, similar to Meathead’s advice about going easy on the smoke at first because you can’t take it away but can always add it the next time. However, the beauty of cocktails is that "next time" is a sip later, not the next cook.

Comment

I don't know what's in it, but I bet that would be a pretty bangin' addition to a regular margarita.

Comment

• ssandy_561
          ssandy_561 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve never had Cowboy Candy juice mixed in a margarita but I have had a couple (or dozens) of jalapeño margaritas in my day.

• PNWGreg
          PNWGreg commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea! I hadn’t thought of tequila but it seems like that would be a natural pairing.
          Much obliged.

Use it for Pickle Backs! Shot of your favorite whiskey and then chase it with the juice.

Comment

Augment a Bloody Mary or Bloody Cesar with the Juice.

Comment

I know a cool cocktail. They are a bit similar. Many people do not even suspect that mixing vodka with orange juice, they make a classic cocktail"Screwdriver". Meanwhile, the world has invented several hundred cocktails, the basis and main ingredient of which is fruit juice. When you decide to cook any of them, pay attention to the fact that the juice is of the highest possible quality. I can advise you lolacovington since I found many cool cocktails there.

Last edited by BorisArlnords; March 12, 2021, 05:34 AM.

Comment

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome to The Pit Boris.

Dirty martini?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here