Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco/Kirkland Silver 100% Agave Tequila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco/Kirkland Silver 100% Agave Tequila

Kirkland Signature Silver 100% Agave - $20 for 1.75L - very good for margarita's.
    http://www.tequilatourist.com/2012/0...r-tequila.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_175043.jpg
Views:	1043
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	686184

And Palomas

Comment

Any Kirkland brand booze is good...in my experience. As is wine. Both are much higher quality liquid than the price reflects. Cheers!

Comment

I want to try that. Unfortunately our Costco’s here in VA don’t carry spirits so will have to reach out to my out of state sources.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here in Alabama. They have wine, beer, but no spirits. Likely because Alabama runs everything through a state store, and private liquor stores have to go through them to obtain spirits.

I agree it is a great cocktail tequila.

Comment

All of Costco's spirits are bottled by the same distiller/distributor as well known labels. Sometimes they are straight up the same with different label and sometimes the recipe is tweaked just enough to get past licensing agreements. The two vodkas they carry are suspiciously next to bottles of Grey Goose and Kettle One in the same bottles just with a Kirkland label. A little detective work and you discover they are bottled by the same distributor/distiller as Grey Goose and Kettle One for half to a third the price. My taste palate can't tell the difference if they are tweaked or not, but my wallet says they are straight up the same. Sadly, if you are paying high dollar, and happily if you are paying low dollar, this is pretty common in the distilled spirits world. A company called MGP is a big player in the market. For what it is worth, I read that the tequila is a tweaked version of Hornitos should you want to do a taste comparison.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            They clearly state in the blog that he references that this is NOM 1472. Most Kirkland products are knock offs of something, I just find them to be mostly quality in nature.

• tstalafuse
            tstalafuse commented
            Editing a comment
            I find most of them to be good quality, suitable to my taste buds, and my wallet finds those things as well. My point was there are 6 big "black label" distillers that make the majority of distilled spirits. A particular distiller may bottle the same product for many different labels with wildly different prices (ie Costco's vodkas) just like a tequila bottler does with each bottle for different brands having the same NOM number. So, I will raise glass in your honor tonight

They discontinued the Anejo (which was my favorite) hopefully they bring it back eventually.

Comment

I have a bottle of the Kirkland vodka and it’s good. In fact, it gets great reviews on several sites, including Distiller.

Comment

I find most of them to be suitable to my taste buds and wallet as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here