Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Whiskey - New Smoke Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Whiskey - New Smoke Gun

I broke my new smoke gun in tonight on about half a bottle of Bulleit (1.75L) with some apricot smoke.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_202008.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	675927Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_202209.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	675925Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_202319.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	675926Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_202416.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	675928

I forget when you posted on this before... How long do you wait for it to be 'done'? Do you shake it at all, let it sit, etc?

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      You don't want to go too long because you can over do it. About 5 minutes and then you should blow the smoke off. I don't shake it either but I do try to maximize the surface area to some extent. A wine duck works as would other similar decanters. But smoking half a bottle like I did tonight doesn't require and additional special equipment. You can drink it right away but it should mellow a little.

Super Cool! Haveta agree my first question was maturing time, etc. et. al, as referenced above.

Huskee

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, what did you think? I believe you probably let it mellow longer than any batch I previously made. Do you recall the first taste vs the last?

I should probably do a proper experiment.

Do I see a remake of Up in Smoke in the works??

Comment

That’s pretty cool! My wife and I were spending a weekend in Santa Fe, NM recently and visited Coyote Bar, and they had a smoked Manhattan. It was pretty good, but a little over done. Seeing this tool makes me wonder how good they could be if you master the process and get just the right amount of smoke.

Enjoy the new tool!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here