Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flaviar online whiskey & spirits club- we both get a free bottle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sampler was Breckenridge, Few rye and Wolfburn too. I really really like the Breckenridge! The Few rye was decent but I still like Dickel rye better. To me, the Wolfburn was a huge disappointment.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Dickel is good stuff! An underrated gem IMO.

• aladdin4d
      aladdin4d commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely underrated especially when I can pick it up for less than 20 a fifth like I have been the past several months

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried some Dickel a couple weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good, especially for the price. It is in my rotation now.

If anyone's interested in joining this is the link to sign up with that gets us both a free bottle.

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Tried the link and it's currently out of service.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Bkhuna it works for me now when I click it.

I have one of these as well. It's now $50 in store credit. I have gotten some great bourbon from this site including Willet Pot Still, Rowan's Creek, Noah's Mill, Sazerac Rye, Willet Family Reserve Rye, Blackened and EH Taylor Small Batch. The stock is updated continuously plus you can set it to email you if a bottle your are hunting shows up in inventory.

Comment

@Buck Flicks - Kirin is made by Budweiser in LA. Sapporo is brewed in Canada by Sleeman. Asahi is made in Canada by Molson.

I lived and drank beer in Japan for 11 years and I can say unequivocally that the stuff they sell in the US tastes nothing like the real deal.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        そう

since i joined to help huskee get a bottle of free whiskey, and it has been a few months, here is my take so far. takes a little time to figure out how to utilize it to your max benefit, but in a short time i have acquired enough of my favorite whiskys that are unavailable here, to last a year. i have tried brands i normally would not, with both really good and so so results. all in all, a pretty good club, just take your time and get to know how it works. sign up yall, huskee needs a free drink!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree on all counts

I’m thinking I might try this since both the wife and I are both fans of whiskey, whisky, and bourbon.

Comment

Originally posted by Grafx365 View Post
        I’m thinking I might try this since both the wife and I are both fans of whiskey, whisky, and bourbon.
        Woo hoo! this is the link to sign up with that gets us both a free bottle. Look for the green button once you visit the link. I hope you enjoy it!

Comment

• Grafx365
          Grafx365 commented
          Editing a comment
          Since the both of us (wife and I) enjoy whiskey, you know it. My wife loved the idea of it, so away I go.

• Grafx365
          Grafx365 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the link. :-) just signed up. My wife is so thrilled! I owe you one.
          Last edited by Grafx365; September 8, 2019, 04:09 PM. Reason: Just to say that I followed the link.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Grafx365 That's great! My wife & I love whiskey, Scotch, gin, tequila, you name it, and we've found at least 2 or 3 from each category from their tasting kits that we'd never heard of and we've never seen for sale locally that we love. It can be disappointing when something you want isn't in stock, but it's made up for when you discover something you love that you otherwise wouldn't have known about.

I received my bottle of Breckenridge on Friday. I’m not particularly interested in bourbon, but I really liked the Breckenridge. A lot.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          While lately I tend to favor more 50% ABV (100 proof) and up whiskeys, I really do like Breckenridge too. It has a young taste, but not harsh at all. Creamy, well rounded and smooth. Very friendly.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree. It has a nice nose, and just a bit of burn on the tongue.

I find it's not really worth the money and the shipping is excruciatingly slow. The tasting kits are to expensive. The shipping is excruciatingly slow. I paid for the full year and won't renew when it's up.

Comment

I signed up last night for 3 months. I figured it's worth one shot with a bottle included for $60. I'll re-evaluate before it renews, taking Bkhuna's feedback into consideration. I did use your link Huskee.
          Last edited by glitchy; September 9, 2019, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

Originally posted by Bkhuna View Post
          I find it's not really worth the money and the shipping is excruciatingly slow. The tasting kits are to expensive. The shipping is excruciatingly slow. I paid for the full year and won't renew when it's up.
          I hear you. Shipping can be slow but sometimes it's 5 days, you just never know. It depends on what you order and which local supplier they use to fulfill your order and hwo quick they are. My BIL & I ordered the exact same bottles on the same day and his took 5 days and mine took 2 weeks, he lives 10 miles from me.

What's nice about it is every 3 months you pay $60 and you get a $30-35 tasting kit free, free shipping (~$15) on any sized order every month, and with my link you (and I) get a free $44 bottle. So you get over your $60 back essentially, at least for the first 3 month term, and you learn a lot if you try new things. I don't buy the tasting kits, I just get one every 3 months at renewal for free. My orders of impossible-to-find-locally bottles and free shipping make my remaining $25-30 investment (after the tasting kit) worth it. But it's not for everyone.

Comment

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            My shipments have averaged 2 weeks.

Three shots of booze for 30-35 dollars? Those are Disney prices.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            ...and a coaster! Lol Bkhuna

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            But yeah, they're a business and there's only so much markup they can put on spirits, since they don't stock them all themselves....so they gotsta make their money somewhere. I think the kits are steep too so I only get the ones included with my renewals. It's a personal choice whether what you get is worth it, like anything. I don't pay for cable and I laugh when others pay $120/month to watch commercials. Bkhuna

Has any one of you guys/gals who's joined and gotten the free Breckenridge bourbon had a chance to try it and want to share your thoughts on it? Curious. Everyone I know who's tried it says it's really good, maybe not $44-good, but good. Definitely free-good. A touch on the smooth side for me.

Comment

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            I would agree with your description. I would buy it locally if it was $30ish, but not for $44 when I can get Four Roses or Bulleit for 20-30. I like it just fine, it was really smooth. Probably the best of the samplers too, the Few was pretty good though, but the scotch smelled like kerosene to me and tasted slightly better.

Update: In case anyone's interested... They change the perks pretty regularly. Was a bottle of Breckenridge, then was simply a $50 credit, now the free bottle if you join w/ my link is Sagamore Spirit Straight Rye ($42) for you and for me. Join link.

Comment

Not available in my state (PA). I don't know why I torture myself reading this thread. LOL!

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry. Laws can be fickle sometimes.

Huskee - I’m interested in signing up for this but have a question, when you do sign up, can you choose only bourbon? I am not interested in scotch or Irish type whiskey, whisky or the Japanese whiskey.

Just want good ol American bourbon or American whiskey. I’ve done tastings and just don’t like the other styles. So, if I can choose the type of tastings that are sent, I’m game for signing up and getting you a bottle!

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I paused my membership so I don't think my personal link will work right now (thank you for asking though!). The renewal is $300 for another year and I just can't swing it right now. Also, I tried twice to order the Sagamore rye and both times they cancelled my order because it wasn't avail to send to MI unfortunately.

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee - wow! $300 for a renewal when it’s listed at $210 to join? Hmmmm. now I’m having second thoughts. Perhaps I just spend that $210 on a few high quality bottles of something for a COVID Christmas holiday!

Thanks for the info.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              You might have a deal offered to you. The price was cheaper when I signed up years ago. Then they decided to add a $45 credit every quarter ($180/yr) of free bottles, but to me that's pre-selling me bottles at their prices (which are the prices of whichever distributor they're using in your area and Flaviar has no control of that), and I don't want to do that. I'd rather it be how it was at first and I'd stay on, where you get free shipping each month and a free tasting kit each quarter & done.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here