Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flaviar online whiskey & spirits club- we both get a free bottle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that's great. I never got a bottle of Whistle Pig. Lucky!

• Santamarina
    commented on 's reply
    CA has a lot of crap regulations and taxes, but alcohol is surprisingly one of the most relaxed. We can get just about anything (as long as the distributor sells to CA) anywhere - beer, wine, liquor are available at any market, gas station, you name it. Pretty much the only restriction we have is alcohol sales are prohibited between 2am-6am daily (that goes for store and bars). And yes, we have a couple local bars that are only closed from...you guessed it...2am-6am seven days a week!

• djl
    replied
    I got my initial package last Thursday. Was very surprised to find a small bottle of WhistlePig! When I openned the box Saturday. Very excited to try it! I did get a tasting of Breckinridge, Few (Rye), and Wolfburn (Scotch). After klflowers review. I might break into tastings tonight.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by djl; May 27, 2019, 05:50 PM. Reason: Missed an "l"

Leave a comment:

• Sephon
    commented on 's reply
    Salt in the wound Huskee, salt in the wound.......

• klflowers
    replied
    OK, so I got my first shipment from Flaviar, and I was pretty impressed. I got a 750ml bottle of Breckenridge Bourbon, and 3 sample sized bottles. One each of Breckenridge, Few Rye Whiskey and Wolfburn Single Malt Whiskey. I agree with Huskee's take on the Breckinridge - it is a really smooth bourbon. I have never been able to describe the different aspects of tasting - probably because I have smoked for years - but it is an excellent bourbon. Up there with my 2 favorites, Buffalo Trace and Four Roses Single Barrel. The packaging for the samples was pretty neat, they were nestled (always wanted to use the word nestled) in a round cask like container. My wife is not a bourbon drinker, but she likes whiskey, so we tasted the Wolfburn. Another hit - both of us really liked it. It was pretty smooth too. I think I am going to like this club; thanks again Huskee for turning us onto this.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Flaviar.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.99 MB ID:	683014

Leave a comment:

• dahcopilot
    commented on 's reply
    mine still has not shipped

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Both of mine came at the same time yesterday afternoon. Haven't had the chance to open them though. I think I am going to like the club - all of it looked pretty good.

• dahcopilot
    replied
    have still not received my breckenridge, but did get my sampler. boy, that did not last long!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    I would, but my boss doesn't drink so i can't bribe her with a shot or 2. This evening though...

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    klflowers I don't know what time zone you're in, but here it's 9am, so as long as your coffee cup's empty it's time to taste the bourbon!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    I got it yesterday. Didn't get to taste it yet, but I think I am going to like the club.

• Huskee
    replied
    klflowers Have you gotten it yet?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    klflowers sure hope you like it! I really do, my wife, she says "meh".

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    I need to check on that - I haven't received mine yet. Glad it is good.

• Huskee
    replied
    Update: I received a bottle of Breckenridge today and, despite the fact that it was only 10:15am, I had to try it. (Breckenridge is the free bottle Flaviar is currently offering to you & me if you were to join up with my link).

I love it!

Breckenridge is very flavorful, no off flavors (to me), luscious mouthfeel, less cinnamon spice in favor of sweet & buttery (young corn), creamy. It is a smooth blended bourbon. You'd never guess by its flavor that it's a young 2-3yr old whiskey with a high rye mashbill...that might make you think harsh and unfriendly, but not at all! It has a very drinkable character like that of Blanton's, but a touch smoother. They reportedly use snow-melt from the mountains in their water supply, rich in minerals, which allows them to produce such a friendly bourbon in little time, keeping the price down.

The current price on this bottle is ~$45, and IMO it's worth every penny. Two thumbs up.

Edit: My wife's not a huge fan, at least not as big a fan as me. She says it has a floral smell and a strange aftertaste. I get none of that, I really enjoy it and think there is no aftertaste. But I guess that's why they say everyone's palate is different. I hope my review shed some light on Breckinridge for you.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here