Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How do you take your Bourbon/Scotch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotch: neat with a few drops of spring water. Taught to me by the owner of Scotch/wine bar (why am I here and not there?)
    Bourbon or Rye: Both American!
    Manhattans or Old Fashioned’s. If I’m lazy, with a splash of soda on the rocks.

Next project: a Manhattan stirred over smoked cubes.

Respectfully,
    PNW Greg

Comment

Bourbon: rocks.
      Scotch: neat.

Comment

Bourbon: rocks.
        Scotch: neat.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool Beans, amigo!
          Bonus points, cause I jus found a way to like th same post, twice!

Neat, or maybe with a splash of water depending on the whisky.

Comment

Neat, maybe with a little splash for scotch.

Comment

scotch is straight up, some bourbons with 1 or 2 cubes.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Richard Chrz; June 29, 2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I pour it onto an old rag and use it to clean oil strains on my garage floor.

Comment

• Mudkat
                Mudkat commented
                Editing a comment
                Mebbe that's why you don't like it 😀

Rocks for both, but minimal, 1 large or 2 smaller cubes

Comment

Neat

Comment

One round cube

Comment

I use whisky-stones in my whisky
                    Whisky Stones and Wine Twirls chill your drink without diluting. Made in the USA, designed by Teroforma.

Comment

I vote rocks, but it really depends. I do rocks for the most part, but depending on the quality, chilled neat, chilled stones, high proof whiskey: sometimes a splash.

Comment

• fttank
                        fttank commented
                        Editing a comment
                        When I built my outdoor kitchen, I installed an ice maker that makes top hat cubes. Perfect for cocktails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3130.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	703796
                      I was gifted this by a great friend. Didn't realize what I had until it was nearly gone and I went to buy another. The best Scotch I will ever have.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                        fzxdoc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great stuff. What a good friend you have.

Kathryn

I don't drink but use Bourbon for cooking and Scotch when envelops won't seal properly.

Comment

Love me some single malt, the highland versions are my favs. Particularly sherry-finished - The Balvenie Doublewood, Glenmorangie Lasanta, Macallan 12y. All have gone up and up and up in price, and my salary has gone down and down and down from a few years ago, down about 75% as I type, so...

I've developed a taste for bourbons and whiskey sours (ONLY with homemade sour mix). Mostly Elijah Craig and Larceny, also love me some solid rye whiskeys. Good ones make great whiskey sours - for me, Sazerac rye is at the top of my list, Woodford Reserve rye and a few others. I don't go in for super expensive stuff. Had one bottle of Whistle Pig and it was good but... not worth the money. I love the little bit of spiciness you get from a good rye neat. Maybe just a splash of tap water, but no ice anymore, never.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here