Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to age some whiskey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attjack My experience with a 3L is in progress. I have 3L of Buffalo Trace aging right now, since Dec 7th. tasted it the other day (at about 2 weeks) and it was different but only slightly. My game plan was to go 3 months and try it. I'm sure I'd try it at 2 months like ecowper, but based on my experience with my small 1L I think I want to go a little longer. With my 1L I went 1 month for half & 2 months for the other half and that was enough to make a big difference (sooo good!). But, the smaller the barrel the quicker it all goes, hence my plan to go about 3 with the bigger 3L.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I taste mine every week and finish it when I'm happy with how it tastes. :-)

Huskee each time you reuse that barrel it’s going to take longer to pick up the same amount of Oak flavors. When we use 53 gallon barrels for aging beer, the first batch will go about 3, the second about 6, and a year after that.

Comment

Awesome thread, now I need to go listen to Gimme back my bullets and Copperhead Road

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here