Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henry McKenna 10 year Bottled in Bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henry McKenna 10 year Bottled in Bond

I don’ think there is any more secrets about this bourbon any more. In fact, I am hearing that it is becoming hard to find in many places, and that price per bottle is starting to going up. As much as I complain about my ABC stores out here (at least regarding Buffalo Trace products), one thing I can say I am happy about is I can always find a bottle of Henry McKenna BiB at just about any store. In fact, it goes on sale for $30, it seems, about every other month.

This bourbon is easily one of my top 5 favorite bourbons right now. I always have a bottle in my cabinet. Ten year single barrel BiB for $30? Hell yes! Sign me up.

Folks, this is one that you need to have on your shelf at all times. This bourbon could easily sell for $60 and it still would fly off the shelves. In fact, I would put this bourbon up against any top shelf expensive bourbon any day of the week. It’s really that good.

This bourbon is produced by Heaven Hill Distillery (you may be noticing a trend in my threads lately). The mash bill is 75% corn, 13% Rye, and 12% Malted barley and it is bottled at 100 proof. And, yes, it is aged 10 years.

The nose is not overly complex but it is a bourbon’s bourbon. Sweet, spicy, oaky, and surprisingly little alcohol burn. The palate follows the nose closely. I like the sweetness and spice. It’s a very smooth 100 proof bourbon. Adding a little ice releases many layers of new flavors, which I enjoy. But it’s very easy to drink neat.

If you are new to bourbon, or even if you are not, and you want to find a true 10-year bourbon at bargain price, stop reading this and go buy a bottle now. No, seriously. Stop reading this and go now, while the price is right.

Good luck getting this now. Secret is out and my once well-stocked local ABC store shelves are now empty. Another good quality reasonably priced bourbon has gone ghost. Bummer.

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      Somewhere, a beta Male with a man bun is mixing it with gluten free craft wheat grass juice.

On my 3rd bottle, since discoverin this bourbon a month or so back.

Good Stuff!

Comment

• ColonialDawg
      ColonialDawg commented
      Editing a comment
      For the longest time it has been an under the radar bargain. It was my daily drinker until recently - it won the best overall whiskey in San Francisco this past year so it’s no longer under the radar. Ironically, you’ll never find a bottle from the barrel that won the competition (each barrel produces only 200 bottles). I checked my local ABC Store website today and it’s not even listed any more!

I'll be looking for it.

Comment

Good stuff. The price went up in my area from $30 to $40. Bevmo stopped selling it so I was special ordering by the case at a liquor store. Over time he's been cut off. "Best whiskey in the world" award didn't help...

Comment

Also I order the Mckenna standard bourbon by the case for $13 per bottle. It's really not bad at all, sometimes I'd mix it 50/50 with the SB bonded version.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here