Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourbon Pro's - step inside if you will...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH, I thought of something you might like, if you like the smoky notes of Scotch.... Crown Royal Texas Mesquite is quite smoky. I didn't care for it, but you might like it. I like Canadian whiskeys and Crown in particular, but that flavor didn't work for me. I only drank it neat... it might be pretty decent in some mixed drinks.Their "bourbon mash" wasn't so great, either. But, apparently, they came under some legal trouble for marketing it with the word "bourbon" in it... as bourbon must be made in the USA. So they will have to re-name it for further releases... so if you can find a bottle of it now, it might be a collector's item.
    Last edited by Buck Flicks; December 19, 2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Tax Man
      Tax Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried the Crown Bourbon Mash and did not like it. Had an unpleasant finish to it.

About to dive into this one on advice from this thread....
    Attached Files

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      That is some seriously great stuff. $50+ a bottle here means I don't get it very often.

• xaugievike
      xaugievike commented
      Editing a comment
      I liked it. im getting to where I can pick up tastes (and scents) - at least from this one. Vanilla was a flavor that seemed somewhat prominent.

Lots of great advice thus far. Your experience is similar to mine. I was into all kinds of beers (still am) but began to venture into whiskey. Did it with lots of ice or water. As my tastes were more focused I went to drinking it neat. I've discovered Makers or Buffalo Trace are my go-to's. I wanted to give a mega dittos, Eagle Rare is a fine bourbon, it just isn't available here that often.
    That's the fun of this journey, finding the bourbon/whiskey you prefer.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      au4stree have ya tried th Knob Creek, yet?

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      I can rarely get the BT here, but the Eagle Rare is pretty common. I don't like it as much as the BT, though.

• au4stree
      au4stree commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones, yes I've tried the Knob Creek. It's good but I much prefer Maker's. In the summer, one of my faves is Woodford Rye with a locally made ginger ale made by Buffalo Rock. It's super spicey and mixes well with the rye. It's the only time I mix my whiskey....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here