Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For All You Buffalo Trace fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking news ... I finally scored a bottle of Blanton’s today at my local ABC store. I just walked in at lunchtime and there it was. Only 4 bottles and one is mine. At $60 I hope I’m not disappointed. The bottle is cool, though.

Comment

• panteracfh3
      panteracfh3 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good score!

• dahcopilot
      dahcopilot commented
      Editing a comment
      At sixty bucks it is a deal

I found a new favorite recently. Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I (against my better judgement) went in to one of the busier liquor stores in my area because there had been reports of Weller 12 landing on shelves in the DFW area. It was in the afternoon, so I was out of luck, but the whiskey section guy gave me a sample of his favorite bourbon and it was fantastic. It's called Clyde May's. They have an "Alabama Style" whiskey, where they put apples in the aging barrels. Don't mistake this for that... get the Kentucky Bourbon. Perfect for drinking neat. Smooth, slightly sweet at first, then mildly spicy at the end, and a very mild alcohol burn going down the gullet. Just what I want from a glass of whiskey. And it's less than $45.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! I've seen that at my local store for months and wondered about it. Never heard anyone mention it, good or bad, so I didn't want to risk it. It'll have to be my next purchase.

• Buck Flicks
      Buck Flicks commented
      Editing a comment
      The guy I talked to said it was their #2 selling bourbon after Maker's Mark. I can see why. It's better than the basic bourbons like Beam, Turkey, and Jack (Yes, it's a bourbon. They might make a point to call it Tennessee Whiskey, but it's bourbon run through charcoal) and only slightly more expensive - but worth the price difference.

I was eating in a BBQ place last night when I noticed up on the wall a barrel top with the BT logo, I asked the bartender about it and she directed me to the owner who told me he buys a lot of it for the place so the gave it to him as a present, after some discussion I now have it and will be putting it up in my future outdoor kitchen.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Buck Flicks
      Buck Flicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. That's awesome!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here